Growing Up Bilingual / Edition 1by Ana Celia Zentella
Pub. Date: 12/21/2007
This book provides an inside view of the social construction of bilingualism in one of the largest and most disadvantaged Spanish-speaking groups in the United States. See more details below
This book provides an inside view of the social construction of bilingualism in one of the largest and most disadvantaged Spanish-speaking groups in the United States.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
1. Hablamos Los Dos. We Speak Both: Studying Bilingualism in the Community Context.
2. The Community: El Bloque.
3. The Bilingual/Multidialectal Repertoire of El Bloque.
4. Bilingualism En Casa.
5. The Hows and Whys of "Spanglish".
6. The Grammar of "Spanglish".
7. Life and Language in Young Adulthood.
8. Isabel: A Special Case.
9. Spanish Competence.
10. Raising the Next Generation of New York Puerto Ricans.
11. Maria: Learning to Defenderse.
12. Expanding Repertoires: Linking Language, Education, and the New Diversity.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >