- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Medical billing is one of the fastest-growing employment opportunities in the United States today. Insurance companies, medical offices, hospitals and other health care providers are in great need of trained personnel to create medical claims. This book will ensure learning the skills necessary to become a successful medical claims biller. It is presented in a comprehensive, yet user friendly way, following a logical learning format beginning with a broad base of information and then, step by step, following the course for creation of a medical claim.
This book teaches the skills necessary to become a well-rounded medical biller. By completing this course of study with a satisfactory grade, the user will be granted a certificate and can have the opportunity to work towards an "Honors Certificate", which is even more valuable to a potential employer.
SECTION I. MEDICAL PRACTICE ADMINISTRATION.
1. Introduction to Medical Billing and Coding.
2. Clinical Records and Medical Documentation.
SECTION II. HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAMS.
3. Health Insurance Contract Interpretation.
4. Medicare and Medicaid.
5. Workers' Compensation.
6. Managed Care.
SECTION III. FINANCES AND ACCOUNTING.
7. Medical Practice Accounting.
SECTION IV. MEDICAL CODING .
8. Reference Books.
9. International Classification of Disease (ICD-9) Coding.
10. Current Procedural Terminology (CPTâ) Coding.
SECTION V. MEDICAL BILLING.
11. The CMS-1500 Form and Medical Billing Procedures.
12. The UB-92 Form and Hospital Billing Procedures.
13. Abstracting, Billing and Coding From Medical Reports.
SECTION VI. GENERAL OFFICE PROCEDURES.
14. Basic Office Functions and Communications.
SECTION VII. SECURING EMPLOYMENT.
15. Job Search Preparation.
Appendix A. Provider and Medical Abbreviations.
Appendix B. Forms.
Appendix C. Tables.
Appendix D. CMS-1500 Form Matrix.
Appendix E. UB-92 Form Matrix.
Answer Keys for “On The Job Now” Exercises