Guide to the Regional Foods of Italy (Italian Food Guide)by Approach Guides
Food guides for the ultra curious, Approach Guides take an in-depth look at a destination's local cuisine to help you understand its food culture, navigate menus and discover
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
RECENTLY UPDATED! With high-resolution images, a food dictionary, and information on Italian coffee, pasta, and salumi, this is the definitive guide to the foods of Italy. (2015)
Food guides for the ultra curious, Approach Guides take an in-depth look at a destination's local cuisine to help you understand its food culture, navigate menus and discover regional specialties.
Italy offers an unrivaled culinary experience. With a food landscape that changes from region to region, there is always something you have not tried. But the really special thing is when you taste an old favorite that redefines how you think about it from then on: osso bucco from Lombardia, prosciutto di Parma from Emilia-Romagna, mozzarella di bufala from Campania, or even something as everyday as coffee in Friuli-Venezia Giulia. It is your to discover.
What's in this guidebook
- A region-by-region review. This Approach Guide provides insight into each of Italy's regions, giving you detailed information on local specialties across all courses: antipasti, primi, secondi and dolci. Includes more than 80 high-resolution images.
- Food culture. Italy takes its food seriously and this guidebook helps you navigate the landscape, covering topics such as when not to order a cappuccino and how much to tip.
- Italian food basics. To acquaint you with the basics of Italian cuisine, this guidebook offers detailed profiles of Italian salumi and pasta types, as well as a comprehensive Italian-to-English glossary of food-related terms.
- Recommendations. To help in your selection process, we point out not-to-be-missed local specialties.
- Information the way you like it. As with all of our guides, this book is optimized for intuitive, quick navigation; information is organized into bullet points to make absorption easy; and the most important information is front and center.
We hope that this guidebook enables you to get even more out of what is sure to be an exceptional culinary tour of Italy.
Have a great trip and buon appetito!
One of the benefits of eBooks is that we can easily update content and release new editions of our guidebooks. These updates are FREE for existing customers. Please visit for a list of recently updated guides and instructions on downloading the new version.
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 8 MB
Meet the Author
Travel guidebooks for the ultra curious, Approach Guides reveal a destination’s essence by exploring a compelling aspect of its cultural heritage: art, architecture, history, food, or wine.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >