Guiding Young Children / Edition 6by Verna Hildebrand, Patricia F. Hearron, Patricia F. Hearron
Pub. Date: 06/12/1998
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This popular book takes a developmental approach to working with and guiding young children -- stressing the need to consider the child's developmental level when planning activities. Unlike other books on early childhood education, it offers concrete suggestions on how to guide children as they are involved in specific activities such as playing, eating, napping, etc. Advocates that adults should manage the environment so that children can manage themselves to fully develop their human potential. Integrates information about children with disabilities into each chapter to reflect the importance of inclusion. Covers specific program areas. Places the concept of guidance with the broader perspective of professional and human resource development. For early childhood educators and others who responsible for working with and guiding young children in daily activities.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.55(w) x 9.22(h) x 0.61(d)
Table of ContentsI. PRINCIPLES OF GUIDANCE.
1. Guiding Young Children--A Preview.
2. Knowing Children as a Basis for Guidance.
3. Values as a Basis for Guidance.
4. Guiding Young Children Indirectly Toward Self-Direction.
5. Guiding Young Children Directly Toward Self-Direction.
6. Guiding Children Toward Positive Self-Esteem.
7. Appreciating Positive Behavior.
8. Understanding Negative Behavior.
II. APPLYING PRINCIPLES OF GUIDANCE.
9. Welcoming a New Child.
10. Guiding Young Children in Personal Care Routines.
11. Guiding Young Children's Outdoor Play.
12. Guiding Children's Art Activities.
13. Guiding Children's Science and Math Activities.
14. Guiding Children's Language Arts Activities.
15. Collaborating with Families of Young Children.
III. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT.
16. Being an Early Childhood Professional.
17. Developing Human Resources.
18. Evaluating--Who Needs It?
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >