Hacker Attackby Richard Mansfield
The computer security book for everyone - from Home Users to Professionals. More than ever before, the things that matter to you exist online. Now, you've never been more vulnerable. Hacker Attack will help you protect your business, your Web site, and your personal privacy from the army of hackers that is steadily growing in numbers and determination. In this book, a computer security expert teaches you scores of techniques -- from the simple to the sophisticated -- to effectively thwart the efforts of rogue hackers and professional snoopers alike. Coverage includes:
- Protecting yourself and your computer while using live Internet connections, such as cable or DSL
- Safeguarding your privacy on-line
- Using encryption to shield sensitive information
- Sending e-mail, chatting, and contributing to newsgroups - anonymously
- Protecting your networked computer from hackers
- Blocking the efforts of Web-roaming "spiders"
- Thwarting profiling by Web marketers and government agencies
- Defending your business against hacker attacks - both internal and external
- Avoiding today's viruses and the viruses you can expect to see tomorrow
Richard Mansfield has written 26 books, hundreds of magazine articles, and two columns - most on computer related topics. His books have sold more than 500,000 copies worldwide and have been translated into nine languages.
- Sybex, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.58(w) x 9.08(h) x 0.83(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
What an informative book. Really opened my eyes to the dangers lurking out there. The companion CD has some killer utilities, notably ZoneAlarm and CyberScrub, which removes all traces of your online activity. The CD alone was worth the price of the book.