Hand Secrets / Edition 3by Peter J. L. Jebson, Morton L. Kasdan
The Secrets Series® is breaking new ground again. This volume in the very popular Secrets Series® is back in an exciting, updated, and completely redesigned 3rd Edition. A new, two-color page layout, a more portable size, and a list of the "Top 100 Secrets" in hand surgery help readers to better meet the challenges they face today. Readers will still find all… See more details below
The Secrets Series® is breaking new ground again. This volume in the very popular Secrets Series® is back in an exciting, updated, and completely redesigned 3rd Edition. A new, two-color page layout, a more portable size, and a list of the "Top 100 Secrets" in hand surgery help readers to better meet the challenges they face today. Readers will still find all of the features they rely on the Secret Series® for-a question- and -answer format, lists, mnemonics, tables, and an informal tone that make reference fast and easy. No matter what questions arise, in practice or while preparing for the hand surgery boards, this 3rd Edition has the answers-in print and online.
- Uses bulleted lists, tables, short answers, and a highly detailed index to expedite reference.
- Features pearls, tips, memory aids, and "secrets" from the experts.
- Covers all of today's most common conditions and their treatment.
- Presents a list of the "Top 100 Secrets" to keep in mind during residency and practice.
- Features a new, more compact trim size (5 1/4" x 8 1/2") for enhanced portability.
- Makes information easier to find with a new, two-color page layout and "Key Points" boxes.
- Identifies useful websites to facilitate obtaining additional information on a specific topic, and provides live links in online version.
Table of Contents
|1||Hand and Wrist Anatomy||1|
|2||Biomechanics of the Hand and Wrist||7|
|3||Physical Examination of the Hand||13|
|4||Neurologic Evaluation of the Upper Extremity||19|
|6||Diagnostic Imaging of the Wrist and Hand||29|
|8||Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Hand||53|
|10||Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis||71|
|12||Extravasation, Foreign Bodies and High-Pressure Injection Injuries||81|
|17||Cerebral Palsy, Stroke, and Traumatic Brain Injury||103|
|18||Regional Pain Syndromes||109|
|21||Distal Radius Injuries||125|
|22||Distal Radioulnar Joint||137|
|23||Carpal Fractures and Instability||143|
|24||Metacarpal and Phalangeal Fractures||155|
|25||Joint Dislocations and Ligament Injuries||167|
|26||Arthrodesis and Arthroplasty of the Hand and Wrist||175|
|28||Flexor Tendon Injuries||193|
|29||Extensor Tendon Injuries||201|
|30||Nailbed and Fingertip Injuries||209|
|31||Soft Tissue Coverage of the Hand||217|
|32||Skin Flaps of the Upper Extremity||221|
|34||Compression Neuropathies of the Upper Extremity||235|
|35||Peripheral Nerve Injury||241|
|40||Amputations and Prosthetics||275|
|41||Bone Tumors of the Hand and Wrist||281|
|42||Soft Tissue Tumors||287|
|43||Congenital Hand Anomalies||291|
|44||Upper Extremity Occupational Injuries and Illness||301|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >