Handbook of Assessment and Treatment Planning for Psychological Disorders, 2/e / Edition 2by Martin M. Antony
Pub. Date: 12/01/2011
Publisher: Guilford Publications, Inc.
Widely regarded as a premier clinical reference, this book provides state-of-the-science tools for conducting effective assessments and using the results to plan and monitor evidence-based interventions. Leading authorities present proven approaches to screening and assessment for specific psychological problems. They offer practical guidance and case examples to… See more details below
Widely regarded as a premier clinical reference, this book provides state-of-the-science tools for conducting effective assessments and using the results to plan and monitor evidence-based interventions. Leading authorities present proven approaches to screening and assessment for specific psychological problems. They offer practical guidance and case examples to help clinicians select the best measures for different populations and assessment purposes. Recommended instruments and procedures are described, including applications for managed care and primary care settings. Many of the chapters feature detailed tables that compare and contrast relevant measures.
New to This Edition
*Thoroughly updated with new instruments and research findings.
*Chapter on the role of assessment in evidence-based treatment.
*Additional disorder-specific chapter: impulse control disorders.
*Chapter explaining how to evaluate the reliability and validity of a measure.
- Guilford Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Second Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 10.00(h) x 1.30(d)
Table of Contents
I. Principles and Practice of Evidence-Based Assessment
1. The Role of Assessment in Evidence-Based Practice, John Hunsley and Eric J. Mash
2. Evaluating the Psychometric Properties of Psychological Measures, Lindsay E. Ayearst and R. Michael Bagby
3. Brief Measures for Screening and Measuring Mental Health Outcomes, Lynn F. Bufka and Nicholas Camp
4. Structured and Semistructured Diagnostic Interviews, Laura J. Summerfeldt, Patricia H. Kloosterman, and Martin M. Antony
II. Approaches for Specific Psychological Problems
5. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia, Sandra Baker Morissette, Stella Bitran, and David H. Barlow
6. Specific and Social Phobia, Randi E. McCabe, Andrea R. Ashbaugh, and Martin M. Antony
7. Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Laura Campbell-Sills and Timothy A. Brown
8. Obsessive–Compulsive Disorder, Steven Taylor, Jonathan S. Abramowitz, and Dean McKay
9. Exposure to Trauma in Adults, Maria Steenkamp, Carmen P. McLean, Kimberly A. Arditte, and Brett T. Litz
10. Depression, David J. A. Dozois and Keith S. Dobson
11. Obesity and Eating Disorders, Linda W. Craighead and Lisa Smith
12. Couple Distress, Brian V. Abbott and Douglas K. Snyder
13. Schizophrenia, Sarah Pratt and Kim T. Mueser
14. Substance Use Disorders, Jalie A. Tucker, James G. Murphy, and Stefan G. Kertesz
15. Personality Disorders, Thomas A. Widiger and Jennifer Ruth Lowe
16. Impulse Control Disorders, David F. Tolin and Samantha Morrison17. Insomnia, Josée Savard, Marie-Hélène Savard, and Charles M. Morin
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >