Handbook of Child Psychology, Cognition, Perception, and Language, Volume 2 / Edition 6by William Damon
Part of the authoritative four-volume reference that spans theentire field of child development and has set the standard againstwhich all other scholarly references are compared. Updated andrevised to reflect the new developments in the field, theHandbook of Child Psychology, Sixth Edition contains newchapters on such topics as spirituality, social/i>… See more details below
Part of the authoritative four-volume reference that spans theentire field of child development and has set the standard againstwhich all other scholarly references are compared. Updated andrevised to reflect the new developments in the field, theHandbook of Child Psychology, Sixth Edition contains newchapters on such topics as spirituality, social understanding, andnon-verbal communication.
Volume 2: Cognition, Perception, and Language, edited byDeanna Kuhn, Columbia University, and Robert S. Siegler, CarnegieMellon University, covers mechanisms of cognitive and perceptualdevelopment in language acquisition. It includes new chaptersdevoted to neural bases of cognition, motor development, grammarand langauge rules, information processing, and problem solvingskills.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.76(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.61(d)
Table of Contents
SECTION ONE: FOUNDATIONS.
1. Neural Bases of Cognitive Development (Charles A. Nelson,Kathleen M. Thomas and Michelle de Haan).
2. The Infant's Auditory World: Hearing, Speech, and theBeginnings of Language (Jenny R. Saffran, Janet F. Werker and LynneA. Werner).
3. Infant Visual Perception (Philip J. Kellman and Martha E.Arterberry).
4. Motor Development (Karen E. Adolph and& Sarah E.Berger).
5. Infant Cognition (Leslie B. Cohen and Cara H. Cashon).
SECTION TWO: COGNITION AND COMMUNICATION
6. Acquiring Linguistic Constructions (Michael Tomasello).
7. Early Word Learning (Sandra R. Waxman and Jeffrey L.Lidz).
8. Nonverbal Communication: The Hand's Role in Talking andThinking (Susan Goldin-Meadow).
SECTION THREE: COGNITIVE PROCESSES.
9. Event Memory (Patricia J. Bauer).
10. Information Processing Approaches to Development (YukoMunakata).
11. Microgenetic Analysis of Learning (Robert S. Siegler).
12. Cognitive Strategies Michael Pressley and KatherineHilden).
13. Reasoning and Problem Solving (Graeme S. Halford and GlendaAndrews).
14. Cognitive Science and Cognitive Development (FrankKeil).
15. Culture and Cognitive Development in Phylogenetic,Historical, and Ontogenetic Perspective (Michael Cole).
SECTION FOUR: CONCEPTUAL UNDERSTANDING ANDACHIEVMENTS.
16. Conceptual Development (Susan A. Gelman and Charles W.Kalish).
17. Development of Spatial Cognition (Nora S. Newcombe andJanellen Huttenlocher).
18. Development of Mathematical Understanding (David C.Geary).
19. Social Cognition (Paul L. Harris).
20. Development in the Arts: Drawing and Music (EllenWinner).
21. Extraordinary Achievements: A Developmental and SystemsAnalysis (Seana Moran and Howard Gardner).
SECTION FIVE: THE PERSPECTIVE BEYOND CHILDHOOD.
22. The Second Decade: What Develops (and how) (Deanna Kuhn andSam Franklin).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >