Handbook of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies, Third Edition / Edition 3by Keith S. Dobson
This acclaimed text and practitioner reference presents an authoritative overview of major models of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). Foremost treatment developers explain core CBT principles and provide a framework for systematic assessment, case conceptualization, and treatment planning. Scholarly yet accessible chapters on each therapy detail what makes the… See more details below
This acclaimed text and practitioner reference presents an authoritative overview of major models of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). Foremost treatment developers explain core CBT principles and provide a framework for systematic assessment, case conceptualization, and treatment planning. Scholarly yet accessible chapters on each therapy detail what makes the approach unique, which clinical problems it is used to treat, what assessment and intervention tools have been developed, how they are implemented, and what the research reveals about the therapy’s effectiveness. Special topics include working with children and adolescents, couples, and culturally diverse clients. The Handbook has been widely adopted in training programs, and the revisions in this edition reinforce its value as a text.
New to This Edition
* The latest findings and clinical advances.
* Additional therapies: schema therapy and mindfulness- and acceptance-based interventions.
* Chapter on the empirical evidence base for CBT.
* Chapters on treatment of couples and culturally diverse clients.
- Guilford Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Third Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.30(w) x 9.30(h) x 1.50(d)
Table of Contents
I. Historical, Philosophical, and Scientific Foundations
1. Historical and Philosophical Bases of the CognitiveBehavioral Therapies, Keith S. Dobson and David J. A. Dozois
2. The Evidence Base for CognitiveBehavioral Therapy, Amanda M. Epp and Keith S. Dobson
3. Cognitive Science and the Conceptual Foundations of CognitiveBehavioral Therapy: Viva la Evolution!, Rick E. Ingram and Greg J. Siegle
4. CognitiveBehavioral Therapy and Psychotherapy Integration, T. Mark Harwood, Larry E. Beutler, and Mylea Charvat
II. Assessment Considerations
5. Cognitive Assessment: Issues and Methods, David M. Dunkley, Kirk R. Blankstein, and Zindel V. Segal
6. CognitiveBehavioral Case Formulation, Jacqueline B. Persons and Joan Davidson
III. The Therapies
7. Problem-Solving Therapy, Thomas J. D’Zurilla and Arthur M. Nezu
8. Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy, Windy Dryden, Daniel David, and Albert Ellis
9. Cognitive Therapy, Robert J. DeRubeis, Christian A. Webb, Tony Z. Tang, and Aaron T. Beck
10. Schema Therapy, Rachel Martin and Jeffrey Young
11. Mindfulness and Acceptance Interventions in CognitiveBehavioral Therapy, Alan E. Fruzzetti and Karen R. Erikson
IV. Applications to Specific Populations
12. CognitiveBehavioral Therapy with Youth, Sarah A. Crawley, Jennifer L. Podell, Rinad S. Beidas, Lauren Braswell, and Philip C. Kendall
13. CognitiveBehavioral Couple Therapy, Donald H. Baucom, Norman B. Epstein, Jennifer S. Kirby, and Jaslean J. LaTaillade
14. CognitiveBehavioral Therapy with Diverse Populations, David W. Pantalone, Gayle Y. Iwamasa, and Christopher R. Martell
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >