- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
* Covers the manufacturing and processing of foods in: Bakery, Beverages, Cereals, Cheese, Confectionary, Fats, Fruits, and Functional Foods
* Includes coverage of manufacturing principles
* Presents details of commercial processing for each commodity including (where appropriate) a general introduction, ingredients, technologies, types and evaluation of industrial products, special problems, types and evaluation of consumer products, and processing and product trends
* Includes truly international coverage with editors and contributors from all over the world.
PART A: FOOD MANUFACTURING: BACKGROUND.
Section I: Principles and Establishments Classification.
1. Fundamentals of Food Manufacturing (Wai-Kit Nip).
2. Fermented Products and Their Manufacture (Wai-Kit Nip).
3. Food Manufacturing in the United States: Standard Industrial Classification (Y.H. Hui).
Section II: Flavors: Food Processing, Product Developments, and Recent Advances.
4. Food Flavorings: Principles of Applications (Taiwo O. Omobuwajo).
5. Product Development (Taiwo O. Omobuwajo).
6. Extraction Modes (Marisa F. Mendes, Fernando L.P. Pessoa, Sı´lvio A.B. Vieira De Melo, and Eduardo M. Queiroz).
7. Distillation and Drying (Fernando L.P. Pessoa, Marisa F. Mendes, Eduardo M. Queiroz, Sı´lvio A.B. Vieira de Melo, and David Lee Nelson).
8. Genetic Engineering (Glaùucia Maria Pastore and Gabriela Alves Macedo).
9. Flavor Compounds Produced by Fungi, Yeasts, and Bacteria (Carlos R. Soccol, Adriane B.P. Medeiros, Luciana P.S. Vandenberghe, and Adenise L. Woiciechowski).
10. Flavor Production by Solid and Liquid Fermentation (Carlos R. Soccol, Adriane B.P. Medeiros, Luciana P.S. Vandenberghe, and Adenise L. Woiciechowski).
11. Herbs, Spices, and Essential Oils (Alain Darriet).
Section III: Food Sanitation and Establishment Inspection.
12. FDA GMPs, HACCP, and the Food Code (Nanna Cross).
13. Food Establishment Inspection (Y.H. Hui).
PART B: FOOD PRODUCTS MANUFACTURING.
Section IV: Bakery Products.
14. Manufacturing of Bread and Bakery Products (Weibiao Zhou and Nantawan Therdthai).
15. Muffins and Bagels (Nanna Cross).
16. Fundamentals of Cakes: Ingredients and Production (Frank D. Conforti).
17. Traditional Italian Products from Wheat and Other Starchy Flours (M. Ambrogina Pagani, Mara Lucisano, and Manuela Mariotti).
18. Flavor Migration in Solid Food Matrices (Yi-Chung Fu).
Section V: Beverages.
19. Carbonated Beverages (Daniel W. Bena).
20. The Beer Brewing Process: Wort Production and Beer Fermentation (Ronnie Willaert).
21. Manufacture of Whisky (Takefumi Yoneya).
Section VI: Cereals: Rice and Noodles.
22. Rice-Based Products (C.M. Rosell and C. Collar).
23. Asian (Oriental) Noodles and Their Manufacture (Wai-Kit Nip).
Section VII: Cheeses.
24. Cheddar and Related Hard Cheeses (Stephanie Clark and Shantanu Agarwal).
25. Pasteurized Process and Related Cheeses (Stephanie Clark and Shantanu Agarwal).
26. Cottage Cheese (Stephanie Clark and David E. Potter).
27. Cheese Varieties Made by Direct Acidification of Hot Milk (Ramesh C. Chandan).
28. Cream Cheese as an Acidified Protein-Stabilized Emulsion Gel (Arjen Bot, Frank A.M. Kleinherenbrink, Michel Mellema, and Christel K. Magnani).
Section VIII: Confectionery.
29. Chocolate and Cocoa (Randall Hofberger and Nina Ann Tanabe).
30. Confectionery: Inspection and Enforcement (Y.H. Hui).
Section IX: Fats and Oils.
31. Margarine and Dairy Spreads: Processing and Technology (Pernille Gerstenberg Kirkeby).
32. Cream Products (David W. Everett).
33. Influence of Processing on Virgin Olive Oil Quality (Maria Roca, Beatriz Gandul-Rojas, and M. Isabel Mınguez-Mosquera).
Section X: Fruits and Fruit Juices.
34. Apple: Production, Chemistry, and Processing (Nirmal K. Sinha).
35. Strawberries and Blueberries: Phytonutrients and Products (Nirmal K. Sinha).
36. Major Tropical Fruits and Products: Banana, Mango, and Pineapple (Lillian G. Po).
37. Fruit Juices (Terri D. Boylston).
38. Dried Banana (Raquel Pinho Ferreira Guiné and Maria João Barroca Dias).
39. Fresh-Cut Fruits (Olga Mart&ıacute;n-Belloso, Robert Soliva-Fortuny, and Gemma Oms-Oliu).
Section XI: Functional Foods.
40. Functional Foods and Ingredients (Chung-Ja C. Jackson and Gopinadhan Paliyath).
41. Functional Foods: International Considerations (Kelley Fitzpatrick).
42. Functional Foods Based on Dairy Ingredients (Ramesh C. Chandan and N.P. Shah).
43. Functional Properties of Milk Constituents (Ramesh C. Chandan).
44. Functional Foods Based on Meat Products (Francisco Jiménez-Comenero).
45. Gluten-Free Cereal Products as a Functional Food (Elke K. Arendt and Michelle M. Moore).
VOLUME 1 INDEX.
VOLUME 1 CONTENTS.
VOLUME 2 CONTENTS.