Handbook of Geriatric Drug Therapy / Edition 1by Springhouse Publishing, Springhouse
Pub. Date: 01/28/2000
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
This one-of-a-kind guide covers nearly 700 of the drugs most commonly prescribed for geriatric patients. Includes generic and trade names; pharmacologic and therapeutic classifications; how supplied; indications, route, and dosage; pharmocodynamics; pharmocokinetics; adverse reactions; drug-drug, drug-food, and drug-lifestyle interactions; precautions and contraindications; and special considerations, including patient and caregiver education.
Also includes polypharmacy issues, dosage adjustments, the latest HCFA drug therapy guidelines for long term-care, and more. Offers drug updates on the Internet. A-to-Z organization. Flexible cover, 4 ½" x 7 ½".
PLUS --- these quick-reference features:
- Color photoguide with actual-size photos of more than 300 commonly prescribed drugs.
- Methods for calculating creatinine clearance.
- Age-related changes in laboratory values
- Components of analgesic combination products
- Adverse reactions commonly misinterpreted as age-related changes
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 4.54(w) x 7.52(h) x 1.24(d)
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Effects of Aging on Drug
Chapter 2 Improving Patient Compliance
Generic Drugs in Alphabetical Order
Photoguide to Tablets and Capsules
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >