- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Pueblo West, CO
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
An invaluable text and a one-of-a-kind "how-to" DVD. This unique text and DVD package brings the latest advances in the science, technology, and techniques of local anesthesia to life like nothing you've ever seen before!
• Handbook of Local Anesthesia, 5th Edition gives you:
• Comprehensive information on the pros and cons of articaine, the highly debated local anesthetic recently approved by the FDA, that has gained widespread use in the United States.
• Discussions on the latest armamentaria that reflect the newest drugs and devices - including safety syringes and computer-controlled local anesthetic delivery systems.
• Updated step-by-step instructions for the various techniques of administering intraoral anesthesia - extensively illustrated in full color.
• The 2003 CDC Hand Hygiene Guidelines.
• Handy boxes and tables that compare new and standing techniques, drugs, and dosages.
• Dosage charts, injection techniques, information on duration of action, and contraindications for local anesthetics.
• A new chapter on Legal Considerations that examines possible complications related to anesthetic administration and discusses the standard of care with regard to appropriate prevention and treatment.
• Malamed's Local Anesthesia Administration DVD gives you:
• Unique "how-to" coverage of core local anesthesia topics: local anesthetic agents, anesthetic injection techniques, potential complications, and risk management.
• Demonstrations of every possible kind of injection encountered in the clinical setting - a "first" in the field!
• High quality video clips and animations so you can see exactly how to administer each anesthetic agent.
• Organization that follows the 5th edition of Handbook of Local Anesthesia - so you can read about key concepts in the book and then watch concepts come to life on screen for a deeper understanding.
• Personal commentary from Dr. Stanley Malamed throughout - with tips and secrets gained through years of clinical experience and painstaking research into the contemporary practice of dental anesthesia.
• The opportunity to earn 4 hours of ADA- and AGD-certified CDE.
• Malamed's Local Anesthesia Administration DVD lets you see how to perform all these injections!
• Posterior superior alveolar (PSA) nerve block
• Middle superior alveolar (MSA) nerve block
• Anterior superior alveolar (ASA) nerve block
• Greater palatine nerve block
• Nasopalatine nerve block
• Palatal infiltration
• Anterior middle superior alveolar (AMSA) nerve block
• Palatal approach-anterior superior alveolar (P-ASA) injection
• Maxillary nerve block
• Inferior alveolar nerve block
• Buccal nerve block
• Mandibular nerve block (Gow-Gates)
• Vazirani-Akinosi closed-mouth mandibular nerve block
• Mental nerve block
• Incisive nerve block
• Periodontal ligament injection
• Intraseptal injection
• Intraosseus injection