Handbook of Mind-Body Medicine for Primary Care / Edition 1by Donald P. Moss
Pub. Date: 09/19/2002
Publisher: SAGE Publications
The Handbook of Mind-Body Medicine for Primary Care introduces an evidence-based mind-body approach to the medical and behavioral problems of primary care patients. Evidence-based mind-body practice draws on the best available scientific research, advocating the integration of well-documented mind-body therapies into primary health care. The handbook summarizes… See more details below
The Handbook of Mind-Body Medicine for Primary Care introduces an evidence-based mind-body approach to the medical and behavioral problems of primary care patients. Evidence-based mind-body practice draws on the best available scientific research, advocating the integration of well-documented mind-body therapies into primary health care. The handbook summarizes current mind-body practice and provides an overview of the basic techniques, including biofeedback, neurofeedback, relaxation therapies, hypnotherapy, cognitive-behavioral therapies, acupuncture, and spiritual therapies. The editors also thoroughly demonstrate the application of these techniques to common disorders such as headache, chronic pain, and essential hypertension, as well as anxiety, depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and sleep disorders.
- SAGE Publications
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 10.00(h) x (d)
Table of Contents
Foreword - Terence Davies, MD; Frank V. De Gruy, III, MD
Part. I Models and Concepts for Mind-body Medicine
1. Mind/Body Medicine, Evidence-Based Medicine, Clinical Psychophysiology, and Integrative Medicine - Donald Moss, Ph.D.
2. The High Risk Model of Threat Perception and the Trojan Horse Role Induction: Somatization & Psychophysiological Disease - Ian Wickramasekera, Ph.D.
3. Psychophysiological Foundations of Mind Body Therapies - Angele Mc Grady, Ph.D.
4. Alternative Therapies and Integrative Medicine - James Lake, MD
5. The Placebo Effect and its Use in Biofeedback Therapy - Ian Wickramasekera, Ph.D.
6. A Comprehensive Approach to Primary Care Medicine: Mind & Body in the Clinic - Terence Davies, M.D.
7. The Foundational Basis of Professional Ethics and Practice Standards in Mind-Body Medicine - Sebastian Striefel, Ph.D.
Part II. Basic Clinical Tools
8. Basic Tools: Biofeedback and Biological Monitoring - Christopher Gilbert, Ph.D.; Donald Moss, Ph.D.
9. Basic Tools: Neurofeedback, Neurotherapy, and QEEG - Theodore La Vaque
10. Basic Tools: Relaxation, Autogenic Training, and Meditation - Paul Lehrer, Ph.D.; Patricia Carrington, Ph.D.
11. Basic Tools: Hypnotherapy - Ian Wickramasekera
12. Basic Tools: Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies for the Medical Clinic
12. Basic Tools: Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies for the Medical Clin - Mark Lau, Ph.D.; Zindel Segal, Ph.D.; Ari Zaretsky, MD
13. Basic Tools: Acupuncture - Emanuel Stein, MD
14. Basic Tools: Spirituality and Healing - Stanley Krippner, Ph.D.
Part III. Applications to Common Disorders
15. The Biobehavioral Treatment of Headache - Steve Baskin, Ph.D.; Randall E. Weeks, Ph.D.
16. Temporomandibular Disorders and Facial Pain - Alan Glaros, Ph.D.; Leonard Lausten, D.D.S.
17. Asthma - Paul Lehrer, Ph.D.; Mahmood Siddique, DO; Jonathan Feldman, MS; Nicholas Giardino, MS
18. Coronary Disease and Congestive Heart Disorder - Naras Bhat, MD; Kusam Bhat, Ph.D.
19. Back Pain: Musculo-Skeletal Pain Syndrome - Gabriel E. Sella, MD
20. The Metabolic Syndrome: Obesity, Type Two Diabetes, Hpertension, and Hyperlipedemia - Angele Mc Grady, Ph.D.; Raymond Bourey, MD; Barbara Bailey, RN, MSN, CDE
21. The Functual Bowel and Anorectal Disorders - Olafur Palsson; Robert Collins
22. Urinary Incontinence - Olafur Palsson, Ph.D.
23. Fibromyalgia - Stuart Donaldson, Ph.D.; Gabriel E. Sella, MD
24. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Charles W. Lapp, MD
25. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - Joel Lubar, Ph.D.
26. The Anxiety Disorders - Donald Moss, Ph.D.
27. Mood Disorders - Elsa Baehr, Ph.D.; J. Peter Rosenfeld, Ph.D.
28. Sleep and Sleep Disorders - Suzanne Woodward, Ph.D.
29. Rheumatoid Arthritis - Cheryl Bourguignon, RN, Ph.D.; Diana M. Taibi, MSN, RN
30. Premenstrual Syndrome and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder - Annabaker Garber, Ph.D., RN
31. Caring for the Person with a Chronic Condition - Sharon Utz, RN, Ph.D.
PART IV: EDUCATION FOR MIND-BODY MEDICINE
32. Medical Education for Mind-Body Medicine - Margaret Davies, MD; Olafur Palsson, Psy.D.
33. Nursing Education for Mind-Body Medicine - Debra E. Lyon, RN, Ph.D., FNP; Ann Gill Taylor, RN, Ed.D, FAAN
34. The Professional Role and Education of the Physician Assistant in Mind-Body Medicine - Robert Jarski, Ph.D., P.A.
35. The Behavioral Health Provider in Mind-Body Medicine - Richard Gevirtz, Ph.D.
36. Existential and Spiritual Dimensions of Primary Care: Healing the Wounded Soul - Donald Moss, Ph.D.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >