Handbook of Neonatal Intensive Care / Edition 3by Gerald B. Merenstein
Pub. Date: 04/28/1993
Publisher: Mosby, Incorporated
This cornerstone neonatal handbook uniquely provides practical collaborative care of the critically ill neonate. Using a multidisciplinary team approach to care, it presents a combination of physiology and pathophysiology, application of these principles in clinical practice, and psychosocial aspects of care. This edition features new chapters on pain and pain
This cornerstone neonatal handbook uniquely provides practical collaborative care of the critically ill neonate. Using a multidisciplinary team approach to care, it presents a combination of physiology and pathophysiology, application of these principles in clinical practice, and psychosocial aspects of care. This edition features new chapters on pain and pain relief, and skin and skin care of the neonate.
* Emphasizes clinically applicable content to help busy practitioners quickly find the information they need.
• Covers all aspects of caring for critically ill neonates, metabolic and nutritional care of the neonate, and the disorders most commonly encountered in the ICU.
• Offers a consistent format within each chapter Physiology, Clinical Assessment, Etiology and Prevention, Data Collection and Parent Teaching, Pathophysiology, Etiology, Prevention, Data Collection, Treatment, and Complications to allow the reader to readily locate the information they need.
• Presents drug dosages and side effects in easy-to-read tables.
• Includes parent teaching sections to prepare the professional to educate parents about their child's care.
• Emphasizes important psychosocial aspects of caring for critically ill neonates with supporting clinical care.
• Includes a chapter on drug withdrawal in the neonate to equip the practitioner to care for the neonate exposed in utero to legal or illegal drugs and/or alcohol.
- Mosby, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.52(w) x 9.24(h) x 1.09(d)
- Age Range:
- 18 Years
Table of Contents
|1||Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Decisions||1|
|II||Support of the Neonate|
|2||Prenatal Environment: Effect on Neonatal Outcome||9|
|3||Regionalization and Transport in Perinatal Care||31|
|4||Delivery Room Care||46|
|5||Initial Nursery Care||70|
|8||Diagnostic Imaging in the Neonate||132|
|9||Pharmacology in Neonatal Care||148|
|10||Drug Withdrawal in the Neonate||163|
|11||Acid-Base Homeostasis and Oxygenation||179|
|12||Pain and Pain Relief||191|
|13||The Neonate and the Environment: Impact on Development||219|
|III||Metabolic and Nutritional Care of the Neonate|
|14||Fluid and Electrolyte Management||283|
|17||Total Parenteral Nutrition||341|
|18||Skin and Skin Care||358|
|19||Breastfeeding the Neonate With Special Needs||376|
|IV||Infection and Hematologic Diseases of the Neonate|
|22||Infection in the Neonate||462|
|V||Common Systemic Diseases of the Neonate|
|24||Cardiovascular Disease and Surgical Interventions||576|
|27||Genetic Disorders, Malformations, and Inborn Errors of Metabolism||679|
|VI||Psychosocial Aspects of Neonatal Care|
|29||Families in Crisis: Theoretical and Practical Considerations||725|
|30||Grief and Perinatal Loss||754|
|31||Follow-up of the NICU Infant||787|
|32||Ethics in Neonatal Intensive Care||801|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >