Handbook of Nitrous Oxide and Oxygen Sedationby Morris S. Clark, Ann Brunick
More and more dental professionals are finding that N2O/O2 is a reliable and efficient method of relieving pain, fear, and apprehension in patients undergoing surgical procedures - and is quickly and easily reversed without unwanted side effects. The third edition of this unique chairside handbook is an invaluable resource for this method of sedation. It provides step-by-step techniques of all the uses of N2O/O2 as a means of pain and anxiety management, and is written at a level that can be easily understood by dental students and professionals of all levels.
- Step-by-step administration techniques and responses to frequently asked questions provide practical information for everyday use of N2O/O2.
- Concise, outline format and convenient, portable size make this handbook easy to use in the clinical setting.
- Current American Society of Anesthesiologists classification system familiarizes you with ASA guidelines for assessing patients with medical risk.
- Information on current equipment in analgesia delivery shows how each component works so you can see and compare what's new in the field.
- In-depth discussion of recovery from N2O/O2 helps you better determine when it's appropriate to release a patient.
- Sample forms (sedation record, informed consent, etc.) are provided - copy and use them as needed.
- New icons speed you to important information on indications, considerations, and contraindications for nitrous oxide.
- The latest information on biohazards provides current guidelines for proper monitoring.
- Increased content on pediatric sedation enables you to provide specialized care to younger patients.
- Expanded art program, including integral sections of color-coded equipment, improving your understanding of proper handling and procedures.
- Additional step-by-step photos highlight the most current techniques and equipment.
Description: This handbook reviews all the necessary information regarding the various areas involved with nitrous oxide sedation.
Purpose: The purpose is to reeducate the reader about nitrous oxide. Such an objective is worthy due to the use of nitrous oxide in dentistry. This objective is met, and the book is casual in style and easy to read.
Audience: It is written for both practitioners and students. The authors are both very credible on the subject matter.
Features: It covers clinical and nonclinical areas; an historical overview; ethical and legal concerns; risks and benefits; and reviews on pain and anxiety, economical considerations, and physical properties. The best feature is style, as it is very easy to read. It is thus easily available to handle a quick question, or review an area regarding the subject.
Assessment: This is a quality, easy to read handbook about nitrous oxide. For both the neophyte or traditional user, this is a text that can be of benefit to the reader.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 12 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews