The Handbook of Patient Safety Compliance: A Practical Guide for Health Care Organizations / Edition 1by Fay A. Rozovsky JD, MPH
Pub. Date: 02/15/2011
Written for virtually every professional and leader in the health care field, as well as students who are preparing for careers in health services delivery, this book presents a framework for developing a patient safety program, shows how best to examine events that do occur, and reveals how to ensure that appropriate corrective and preventative actions are reviewed… See more details below
Written for virtually every professional and leader in the health care field, as well as students who are preparing for careers in health services delivery, this book presents a framework for developing a patient safety program, shows how best to examine events that do occur, and reveals how to ensure that appropriate corrective and preventative actions are reviewed for effectiveness. The book covers a comprehensive selection of topics including
- The link between patient safety and legal and regulatory compliance
- The role of accreditation and standard-setting organizations in patient safety
- Failure modes and effect analysis
- Voluntary and regulatory oversight of medical error
- Evidence-based outcomes and standards of care
- Creation and preservation of reports, data, and device evidence in medical error situations
- Claims management when dealing with patient safety events
- Full disclosure
- Patient safety in human research
- Managing confidentiality in the face of litigation
- Managing patient safety compliance through accountability-based credentialing for health care professionals
- Planning for the future
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.25(w) x 7.50(h) x 0.60(d)
Table of ContentsFigures, Tables, and Exhibits.
Foreword (Maree Bellamy).
1. Patient Safety: Crossing the Chasm from Legal and Regulatory Compliance (Fay A. Rozovsky).
2. Patient Safety Laws and Regulations (Ronni P. Solomon).
3. Medical Error Reduction Initiatives Among Accreditation and Standard-Setting Organizations (Fay A. Rozovsky).
4. Failure Modes and Effects Analysis: The Risks and the Rewards in Health Care (Robert J. Latino).
5. Medication Error Reduction: Voluntary and Regulatory Oversight (David M. Benjamin, John P. Santell).
6. Benchmarking: Evidence-Based Outcome Information and Standards of Care (Peter J. Pronovost, Fay A. Rozovsky).
7. Creation and Preservation of Reports, Data, and Device Evidence in Medical Error Situations (Jane C. McConnell, Susan Durbin Kinter).
8. Claims Management Risks in Patient Safety Events (Pamela L. Popp).
9. Full Disclosure (James R. Woods Jr.).
10. Patient Safety in Human Research (Rodney K. Adams).
11. Medical Error Reporting: Maintaining Confidentiality in the Face of Litigation (Frederick Robinson, Lara E. Parkin).
12. Managing Patient Safety Compliance with Health Professionals (Mark A. Kadzielski, Christina W. Giles).
13. Planning for the Future (Fay A. Rozovsky, James R. Woods Jr.).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >