Handbook of Photovoltaic Science and Engineering / Edition 1by Antonio Luque
You will not find a more comprehensive reference on solar energy! Handbook of Photovoltaic Science and Engineering incorporates the most recent technological advances and research developments in photovoltaics. All topics relating to the photovoltaic (PV) industry are discussed and each chapter has been written by an internationally-known expert in the… See more details below
You will not find a more comprehensive reference on solar energy! Handbook of Photovoltaic Science and Engineering incorporates the most recent technological advances and research developments in photovoltaics. All topics relating to the photovoltaic (PV) industry are discussed and each chapter has been written by an internationally-known expert in the field.
Detailed treatment covers:
* scientific basis of the photovoltaic effect and solar cell operation
* the production of solar silicon and of silicon-based solar cells and modules
* the science and technology of up-and-coming thin film PV technologies
* how choice of semiconductor materials and their production influence costs and performance
* high-performance approaches for concentrators and space applications
* new types of organic dye-based solar cells
* making measurements on solar cells and modules and how to relate results under standardised test conditions to real outdoor performance
* photovoltaic system installation and operation of components such as inverters and batteries.
* architectural applications of building-integrated PV
* finance and the role of investors: public funding and policy in promoting PV world-wide
Each chapter is written to be partially accessible to beginners while providing detailed information of the physics and technology for experts. Encompassing a review of past work and the fundamentals in solar electric science, this outstanding reference provides an invaluable resource to practitioners, consultants, researchers and students in the PV engineering industry.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.93(w) x 9.78(h) x 2.59(d)
Table of Contents
List of Contributors.
Status, Trends, Challenges and the Bright Future of Solar Electricity from Photovoltaics (S. Hegedus and A. Luque).
Motivation for Photovoltaic Application and Development (J. Luther).
The Physics of the Solar Cell (J. Gray).
Theoretical Limits of Photovoltaic Conversion (A. Luque and A. Martí).
Solar Grade Silicon Feedstock (B. Ceccaroli and O. Lohne).
Bulk Crystal Growth and Wafering for PV (W. Koch, et al.).
Crystalline Silicon Solar Cells and Modules (I. Tobías, et al.).
Thin-film Silicon Solar Cells (B. Sopori).
High-Efficiency III-V Multijunction Solar Cells (J. Olson, et al.).
Space Solar Cells and Arrays (S. Bailey and R. Raffaelle).
Photovoltaic Concentrators (R. Swanson).
Amorphous Silicon-based Solar Cells (X. Deng and E. Schiff).
Cu(InGa)Se2 Solar Cells (W. Shafarman and L. Stolt).
Cadmium Telluride Solar Cells (B. McCandless and J. Sites).
Dye-sensitized Solar Cells (K. Hara and H. Arakawa).
Measurement and Characterization of Solar Cells and Modules (K. Emery).
Photovoltaic Systems (K. Preiser).
Electrochemical Storage for Photovoltaics (D. Sauer).
Power Conditioning for Photovoltaic Power Systems (J. Schmid and H. Schmidt).
Energy Collected and Delivered by PV Modules (E. Lorenzo).
Economic Analysis and Enviromental Aspects of Photovoltaic Systems (R. Whisnant, et al.).
PV in Architecture (T. Reijenga).
Photovoltaics and Development (J. Huacuz and L. Gunaratne).
Financing PV Growth (M. Eckhart, et al.).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >