Handbook of Poultry Science and Technology, Two-Volume Set / Edition 1by Isabel Guerrero-Legarreta Ph.D, Alma Delia Alarcon-Rojo, Gita Cherian, Francisco Guerrero-Avendano
Poultry science covers raising and managing healthy chickens, turkeys, and ducks for eggs or meat. From live poultry up until retail production, Handbook of Poultry Processing provides an updated and comprehensive reference on everything related to the poultry industry, including scientific, technical, and engineering principles, methods, and product/i>… See more details below
Poultry science covers raising and managing healthy chickens, turkeys, and ducks for eggs or meat. From live poultry up until retail production, Handbook of Poultry Processing provides an updated and comprehensive reference on everything related to the poultry industry, including scientific, technical, and engineering principles, methods, and product categories. This definitive resource covers the link between meat quality and production process, which can help in solving potential quality problems, making this two-volume set an essential tool for all practitioners, libraries, scientists, researchers, and academics in this field.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.48(w) x 9.41(h) x 3.28(d)
Table of Contents
PART 1: POULTRY BIOLOGY TO PRE-MORTEM STATUS.
1. Poultry classification/biology.
2. Competitive exclusion.
3. Pre mortem handling.
5. The slaughterhouse: building.
6. Slaughtering equipment.
7. Carcass evaluation and cutting.
8. Official control.
10. Kosher slaughter.
11. Halal slaughter.
PART 3: PRESERVATION: FREEZING.
12. Biochemical changes.
13. Physicochemical changes.
14. Low temperature storage.
15. Engineer. principles of freezing.
16. Quality of frozen poultry Sendra.
17. Quality of refrigerated poultry.
18. Refrigeration: equipment.
19. Freezing: equipment.
20. Refri./freezing retails.
21. Refri./freezing industr. Facilities.
PART 4 PRESERVATION: HEATING.
22. Heating, drying, chemicals.
PART 5: COMPOSITION, CHEMISTRY, AND SENSORY.
24. Quality characteristics.
25. Chemical composition.
26. Texture and tenderness.
PART 6: EGGS.
28. Eggs attributes.
29. Eggs Science and Technology.
PART 7: SANITATION AND SAFETY.
Section 1: Sanitation, regulations and disease outbreaks.
30. Chemical residues.
31. Microbiology of fresh poultry meat.
32. Principles of HACCP Wendakeen.
33. HACCP in poultry slaughterhouses.
35. Poultry/foodborne diseas. in US.
36. Poultry foodborne diseasess in Central and South America.
SECTION 5: WORKERS SAFETYY.
37. OSHA: basic considerations.
PART 1: SECONDARY PROCESSING.
1. Secondary processing.
PART 2: METHODS IN PROCESSING.
2. Emulsions: Principles.
3. Emulsions: Applications.
4. Breading: Principles.
5. Breading: Frying and freezing.
6. Mechan. deboning: Principles.
7. Mechan. deboning: Applications.
8. Marination: Principles.
9. Marination: Applications.
10. Non-meat ingredients.
PART 3: PRODUCT MANUFACTURING.
11. An overview on processed meat.
12. Canned poultry meat.
13. Turkey bacon.
14. Turkey sausages.
15. Breaded product (nuggets).
16. Paste product (paté).
17. Poultry ham.
18. Luncheon meat.
19. Eggs in processed products.
20. Special dietary products.
PART 4: PRODUCT QUALITY.
21. Sensory attributes.
22. Texture and tenderness.
23. Protein and poultry meat quality.
26. Refrigerated poultry handling.
PART 5: ENGINEERING PRINCIPLES.
27. Basic operations and conditions.
28. Processing equipment.
29. Thermal processing.
PART 6: CONTAMINANTS.
32. Microbial ecology and spoilage.
34. Microbiology: ready-to-eat.
35. Chemical analysis.
36. Microbial analysis.
PART 7: U.S. SAFETY SYSTEMS.
37. Sanitation requirements in US.
38. Principles of HACCP.
39. Enforcement tools in US.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >