Handbook of Psychiatric Nursing / Edition 6by Gail Wiscarz Stuart
This invaluable pocket guide equips readers with clinical tools to help conceptualize, plan, and document nursing care actions - based on the Stuart Stress Adaptation Model of health and wellness from Principles and Practice of Psychiatric Nursing. Brief paragraphs and bulleted lists point out general psychiatric care planning concepts, followed by specific… See more details below
This invaluable pocket guide equips readers with clinical tools to help conceptualize, plan, and document nursing care actions - based on the Stuart Stress Adaptation Model of health and wellness from Principles and Practice of Psychiatric Nursing. Brief paragraphs and bulleted lists point out general psychiatric care planning concepts, followed by specific psychiatric nursing care considerations with dozens of treatment plan summaries and other assessment tools. It offers the latest information on all topics, including psychotropic medications, somatic treatments, and alternative therapies.
- Valuable assessment tools and strategies are included for psychiatric nursing practice.
- Nursing care is presented according to the latest ANA Standards of Care.
- Nursing Treatment Plan Summaries guide nursing care associated with major disorders.
- Evidence-based algorithms direct clinical care for psychiatric patients.
- Summarizing the Evidence boxes present evidence-based treatments for psychiatric disorders.
- Patient Education Plans and Family Education Plans stress the importance of patient teaching.
- Nursing Alert boxes offer practical guidance and advice for specific nursing considerations.
- Continuum of Care boxes highlight care in a range of settings.
- DSM-IV-TR medical and NANDA nursing diagnoses are provided for major disorders, enabling nurses to maintain a nursing focus while understanding the medical relationship.
- Content has been restyled into a more concise presentation of brief paragraphs and bulleted lists to convey essential information in a quick, at-a-glance format.
- Updated content on all psychiatric disorders and interventions keeps readers up to date with the latest research findings and developments.
- The most current information is provided on psychotropic medications, somatic treatments, and alternative therapies.
Table of ContentsUnit One Foundations of Practice
1. Psychiatric Nursing Practice
2. Therapeutic Nurse-Patient Relationship
3. Biopsychosocial Assessment
4. Nursing and Medical Diagnoses
5. Prevention and Mental Health Promotion
6. Crisis Intervention
7. Rehabilitation and Recovery
8. Legal-Ethical Issues
9. Implementing Clinical Practice Standards
Unit Two Clinical Care
10. Anxiety Responses and Anxiety Disorders
11. Psychophysiological Responses and Somatoform and Sleep Disorders
12. Self-Concept Responses and Dissociative Disorders
13. Emotional Responses and Mood Disorders
14. Self-Protective Responses and Suicidal Behavior
15. Neurobiological Responses and Schizophrenia and Psychotic Disorders
16. Social Responses and Personality Disorders
17. Cognitive Responses and Organic Mental Disorders
18. Chemically Mediated Responses and Substance-Related Disorders
19. Eating Regulation Responses and Eating Disorders
20. Sexual Responses and Sexual Disorders
22. Somatic and Alternative Therapies
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >