Handbook of Social Psychology / Edition 5by Susan T. Fiske, Gardner Lindzey, Daniel T. Gilbert
Pub. Date: 02/15/2010
First published in 1935, The Handbook of Social Psychology was the first major reference work to cover the field of social psychology. The field has since evolved and expanded tremendously, and in each subsequent edition, The Handbook of Social Psychology is still the foremost reference that academics, researchers, and graduate students in psychology/i>/i>
First published in 1935, The Handbook of Social Psychology was the first major reference work to cover the field of social psychology. The field has since evolved and expanded tremendously, and in each subsequent edition, The Handbook of Social Psychology is still the foremost reference that academics, researchers, and graduate students in psychology turn to for the most current, well-researched, and thorough information covering the field of social psychology. This volume of the Fifth Edition covers the science of social psychology and the social being.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- 5th Edition, Volume Two
- Product dimensions:
- 8.60(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.70(d)
Table of Contents
Part I: The Science of Social Psychology.
1. HISTORY OF SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY: INSIGHTS, CHALLENGES, AND CONTRIBUTIONS TO THEORY AND APPLICATION (Lee Ross, Mark Lepper, and Andrew Ward).
2. THE ART OF LABORATORY EXPERIMENTATION (Timothy D. Wilson, Elliot Aronson, and Kevin Carlsmith).
3. SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGICAL METHODS OUTSIDE THE LABORATORY (Harry T. Reis and Samuel D. Gosling).
4. DATA ANALYSIS IN SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY: RECENT AND RECURRING ISSUES (Charles M. Judd and David A. Kenny).
Part II: The Social Being.
5. SOCIAL COGNITIVE NEUROSCIENCE (Matthew D. Lieberman).
6. SOCIAL PSYCHOPHYSIOLOGY AND EMBODIMENT (Jim Blascovich and Wendy Berry Mendes).
7. AUTOMATICITY AND THE UNCONSCIOUS (Ap Dijksterhuis).
8. MOTIVATION (John A. Bargh, Peter M. Gollwitzer, and Gabriele Oettingen).
9. EMOTION (Dacher Keltner and Jennifer S. Lerner).
10. ATTITUDES (Mahzarin R. Banaji and Larisa Heiphetz).
11. ATTITUDES AND PERSUASION: FROM BIOLOGY TO SOCIAL RESPONSES TO PERSUASIVE INTENT (Dolores Albarracín and Patrick Vargas).
12. PERCEIVING PEOPLE (C. Neil Macrae and Susanne Quadflieg).
13. NONVERBAL BEHAVIOR (Nalini Ambady and Max Weisbuch).
14. MIND PERCEPTION (Nicholas Epley and Adam Waytz).
15. JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING (Thomas D. Gilovich and Dale W. Griffin).
16. SELF AND IDENTITY (William B. Swann, Jr. and Jennifer K. Bosson).
17. GENDER (Wendy Wood and Alice H. Eagly).
18. PERSONALITY IN SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY (David C. Funder and Lisa A. Fast).
19. HEALTH (Shelley E. Taylor).
20. EXPERIMENTAL EXISTENTIAL PSYCHOLOGY: COPING WITH THE FACTS OF LIFE (Tom Pyszczynski, Jeff Greenberg, Sander Koole, and Sheldon Solomon).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >