Hank Rosso's Achieving Excellence in Fund Raising / Edition 2by Eugene R. Tempel
Pub. Date: 02/21/2003
This thoroughly revised and updated edition of the classic book in the field provides a conceptual foundation for the fund raising profession. Hank Rosso's Achieving Excellence in Fund Raising examines the profession's principles, strategies, and methods and is filled with practical examples. Guided by the enduring philosophy of fund raising master Henry A. Rosso, contributors explain the reasoning behind the planning and selection of strategies for all fund raising activities, including building your case for support, approaching donors, managing campaigns, and demonstrating stewardship.
Read a Charity Channel review:
Table of Contents
Tables, Figures, and Exhibits.
Foreword (Paulette Maehara).
A Word on the First Edition.
PART ONE: FUND RAISING: CONTEXT AND PHILOSOPHY.
1. Contemporary Dynamics of Philanthropy (Eugene R. Tempel).
2. A Philosophy of Fund Raising (Henry A. Rosso, Introduction by Eugene R. Tempel).
PART TWO: FUNDAMENTALS OF SUCCESSFUL FUND RAISING.
3. Plan to Succeed (Timothy L. Seiler).
4. Organizational Strengths and Vulnerabilities (Eugene R. Tempel).
5. Developing a Constituency for Fund Raising (Timothy L. Seiler).
6. Developing and Articulating a Case for Support (Timothy L. Seiler).
7. The Total Development Plan (Timothy L. Seiler).
PART THREE: BUILDING BLOCKS FOR SUCCESSFUL FUND RAISING.
8. The Annual Fund (Henry A. Rosso, Introduction by Robert Schwartzberg).
9. Gifts of Significance (James M. Hodge).
10. Building Endowment (Edward C. Schumacher).
11. Capital Campaigns (Robert Pierpont).
12. Establishing a Planned Giving Program (Dean Regenovich).
PART FOUR: SOURCES OF FUND RAISING.
13. Individuals as Donors (Margaret M. Maxwell).
14. Corporate Giving and Fund Raising (Dwight F. Burlingame).
15. Foundation Fund Raising (Gwendolyn Perry).
16. Women as Donors (Andrea R. Kaminski).
17. Trends in Major Donor Behavior and Innovative Approaches to Philanthropy (Lilya Wagner).
18. Embracing Diversity in Fund Raising (Lilya Wagner).
PART FIVE: SUCCESSFUL FUND RAISING METHODS.
19. Direct Mail (Mal Warwick).
20. The Internet as a Fund Raising Vehicle (Theodore R. Hart).
21. Special Events for the Twenty-First Century (Alan L. Wendroff).
22. Fund Raising at the Grassroots Level (Kim Klein).
PART SIX: MANAGING SUCCESSFUL FUND RAISING.
23. Managing the Fund Raising Program (Elizabeth A. Elkas).
24. Leadership and Team Building (Kay Sprinkel Grace).
25. The Trustee's Role in Fund Raising (Skip Henderson).
26. Thinking Strategically About Information (Sheree Parris Nudd).
27. The Effective Use of Technology in Nonprofits (Janice Kercheville, Jim Kercheville).
28. Accountability and Budgeting: Assessing Costs, Results, and Outcomes (James M. Greenfield).
29. Selecting and Working with Fund Raising Consultants (Jim Reid).
PART SEVEN: ETHICS, STEWARDSHIP, AND THE FUTURE OF THE FUND RAISING PROFESSION.
30. Ethical Frameworks for Fund Raising (Eugene R. Tempel).
31. Practicing Stewardship (Daniel Conway).
32. International Perspectives on Fund Raising (Lilya Wagner, Marcella Orvañanos de Rovzar, Ben Imdieke).
33. Fund Raising as a Profession (Alice Green Burnette).
34. Resources for Strengthening Fund Raising Skills (Lilya Wagner).
Glossary of Fund Raising Terms.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
This book provides an excellent roadmap into the world of nonprofits and philanthropy. It is well written and easy to follow. The ideas are well presented.