The Harriet Lane Handbook: Text with Downloadable PDA Software / Edition 17by Johns Hopkins Hospital, Jason Robertson, Nicole Shilkofski
Pub. Date: 07/08/2005
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
For more than 50 years, The Harriet Lane Handbook has been the pediatrician's reference of choice and for good reason. Its unsurpassed diagnostic and management guidance, recommended tests, complete therapeutic information, and comprehensive drug formulary make it essential for anyone who treats children. Now, the 17th Edition is completely revised and updated to… See more details below
For more than 50 years, The Harriet Lane Handbook has been the pediatrician's reference of choice and for good reason. Its unsurpassed diagnostic and management guidance, recommended tests, complete therapeutic information, and comprehensive drug formulary make it essential for anyone who treats children. Now, the 17th Edition is completely revised and updated to provide readers with the latest treatments, guidelines, procedures, and management recommendations all in the easy-to-use, quick-access format that's made it a bestseller. BONUS handheld software lets you download and synchronize diagnostic and management guidelines, recommended tests, complete therapeutic information, a comprehensive drug formulary with FDA pregnancy notations and trade/generic name drug index, and more than 15 medical calculators.
• Comes with bonus handheld software.
• Organizes a wealth of information into a convenient, pocket-sized format.
• Focuses on the safety and efficacy of drugs in children.
• Covers FDA Pregnancy Category notations and information on the effects of drugs in breast milk.
• Includes step-by-step emergency management protocols, growth charts, and more.
• Uses an outline format for each disease chapter with algorithms, charts, tables, and drawings that highlight critical information.
• Offers a new section on pediatric allergy covering food allergy · RAS testing vs. skin testing · and more.
• Features a new chapter on rhuematologic disorders of children, including SLE, rheumatic fever, and JRA.
• Integrates key surgical topics, such as neonatal surgical issues encountered in the NICU and the acute abdomen in the ER, into existing chapters.
• Provides updates to the trusted trademark formulary, including indications for use in lactating women, side effects, drug interactions, and precautions, plus the latest drugs and dosages approved for pediatric patients.
• Presents a new streamlined organization with redundancies removed and more visual elements added.
• Uses all redrawn line drawings to incorporate a 2nd color, making reference easier than ever.
Table of Contents
Part I. Pediatric Acute Care
1. Emergency Management - Denisse Mueller
2. Poisonings - Jennifer Lee
3. Procedures - Nicole Shilkofski
4. Trauma/Burns/ICU Management - Heather Johnson
Part II. Diagnostic and Therapeutic Information
5. Adolescent Medicine - Tracey Clark
6. Cardiology - Kelly Gajewski
7. Dermatology - Kristen Brown
8. Behavior and Development - Renay Walker
9. Endocrinology - David Salikof
10. Fluids and Electrolytes - Brian Stone
11. Gastroenterology - Kurlen Payton
12. Genetics - Ai Sakonju and Jen Huffman
13. Hematology - Joanna Cohen and Marissa Brunetti
14. Immunology and Allergy - Adam Gower
15. Immunoprophylaxis - Megan Partridge
16. Microbiology and Infectious Diseases - Kabuiya Kimani
17. Neonatology - Lola Stavroudis
18. Nephrology - Stephanie Omokaro
19. Neurology - Ai Sakonju and Jen Huffman
20. Nutrition and Growth - Kristin Fiorino
21. Oncology - Jason Yustein and Anthony Caterina
22. Pulmonology - Ceila Loughlin
23. Radiology - Alex Kowal
24. Rheumatology - Susan McFarland
Part III. Reference
25. Blood Chemistries and Body Fluids - Jason Robertson
26. Biostatistics and Evidence-Based Medicine - Jason Robertson
Part IV. Formulary
27. Drug Doses - Carlton Lee, Jason Robertson, and Nicole Shilkofski
28. Analgesia and Sedation - Kamie Yang
29. Formulary Adjunct - Jason Robertson and Nicole Shilkofski
30. Drugs in Renal Failure - Jason Robertson and Nicole Shilkofski
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >