Ships same day or next business day via UPS (Priority Mail for AK/HI/APO/PO Boxes)! Used sticker and some writing and/or highlighting. Used books may not include working access ...code or dust jacket.Read moreShow Less
5th Edition. Used books are NOT guaranteed to contain components and/or supplements such as: Access Codes or working CD's/DVD's! Ships fast! Expedited shipping 2-4 business days; ...Standard shipping 7-14 business days. Ships from USA!Read moreShow Less
Brand New Book; Never Been Used! May or may not include supplements such as infotrac or other web access codes. Fast & reliable delivery. Exceptional customer service. Standard ...shipping is USPS Standard Mail. We ship expedited orders by UPS Ground. Read moreShow Less
Used - Good 5th Edition May contain highlighting/underlining/notes/etc. May have used stickers on cover. Ships same or next day. Expedited shipping takes 2-3 business days; ...standard shipping takes 4-14 business days.Read moreShow Less
Today’s nursing students are busier and more pressed for time than ever. The 5th edition of Health Assessment for Nursing Practice by Susan Wilson and Jean Giddens is designed to help you make the most of your study time with a user-friendly approach and a complete collection of flexible, efficient learning tools. It's everything you need to master the core assessment skills essential for clinical practice!
• Straightforward, easy-to-understand coverage gives you the knowledge and confidence you need to perform a complete physical examination.
• Clear differentiation between basic skills and advanced procedures or special circumstances helps you pinpoint essential content.
• Unique, two-column format provides you with a visual distinction between normal and abnormal findings and techniques.
• Vivid color photos walk you step by step through key skills and procedures.
• UNIQUE! Concept Overviewsections present core concepts in the context of health assessment with discussions on pain, oxygenation, perfusion, tissue integrity, motion, sensory perception, metabolism, and intracranial regulation.
• UNIQUE! Clinical Reasoning: Thinking Like a Nurse boxes explain the thought process of an experienced nurse making a clinical decision to help you gain perspective on clinical judgment and the decision-making process.
• UNIQUE! Patients with Situational Variationssections address special circumstances or needs for patients in wheelchairs or other limitations and exam variations.
• NCLEX examination-style review questions at the end of each chapter help you assess your understanding of the content you need to know to pass the exam.
• NEW! Adapting Health Assessment to an Ill Patient chapter explains special techniques for performing a head-to-toe assessment of a patient in a hospital setting, illustrated with a series of new examination photos.
• UNIQUE!Case Studies with Clinical Reasoning Questions strengthen your critical thinking skills with algorithms focusing on noticing, interpreting, and responding.
• NEW and UNIQUE!Quality and Safety Competencies for Nurses (QSEN)tables address assessment competencies related to patient-centered care, teamwork and collaboration, evidence-based practice, quality improvement, safety, and informatics.
• Health Promotion for Evidence-Based Practiceboxes outline new Healthy People 2020 objectives and include thorough discussions of recommendations for health promotion and reducing risk.
• Ethnic, Cultural, and Spiritual Variationsboxes help you anticipate the unique needs of a multicultural patient population.
• Newly combined Health Assessment Across the Life Span unit contains four separate chapters that cover all lifespan content, including older adults, pregnant patients, and infants, children, and adolescents.
• NEW! Synthesis and Application of Health Assessment unit details how to conduct, document, and adapt the head-to-toe assessment.