- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Becoming a manager of a health care organization requires a broad understanding of the field. This includes a strong grasp of the economics involved in the daily operation of the organization. Providing an accessible introduction to important economic concepts in the field, this book will help readers gain the knowledge to run an organization. Getzen breaks down difficult topics while explaining the importance of economics in the function of the health care system.
1. The Flow of Funds Through the Health Care System.
2. Economic Evaluation of Health Services.
3. Cost–Benefit and Cost-Effectiveness Analysis.
4. Health Insurance.
5. Insurance Contracts.
7. Physician Organization and Business Practice.
9. Hospital Costs.
10. Managed Care.
11. Long Term Care.
13. International Comparisons of Health and HealthExpenditures.
14. Dynamics of Health Spending.