Health Care Emergency Management: Principles And Practiceby Michael J. Reilly, David S. Markenson
Pub. Date: 06/04/2010
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Recent research underscores a serious lack of preparedness among hospitals nationwide and a dearth of credible educational programs and resources on hospital emergency preparedness. As the only resource of its kind, Health Care Emergency Management: Principles and Practice specifically addresses hospital and health system preparedness in the face of a large scale disaster or other emergency.
Administrators, emergency preparedness coordinators, and clinical staff who are charged with managing preparedness and emergency management functions for hospitals or healthcare systems will turn to this guide as an essential reference in planning for disasters, terrorism, and public health emergencies. Health Care Emergency Management is also ideal for emergency preparedness courses in programs of health administration or public health. Through case studies and practical examples, this book engages the reader in active learning about this exciting, challenging, and rewarding field.
• Chapters are contributed by leading authorities on the topic of disaster planning.
• The only text that focuses on disaster planning for hospitals and health systems.
• Each chapter offers concrete objectives for focused learning as well case studies and practical examples that help the reader understand key concepts
• Downloadable resources including PowerPoints and a TestBank are available for qualified instructors.
Courses can be found through the FEMA Emergency Management Institute College list page: http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/edu/collegelist/
- Jones & Bartlett Learning
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.20(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews