Health Care Law Enforcement and Compliance, 2013 ed.: Leading Lawyers on Understanding Recent Trends in Health Care Enforcement, Updating Compliance Programs, and Developing Client Strategies (Inside the Minds)by Multiple Authors
Health Care Law Enforcement and Compliance provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on all the recent developments in the government's health care policies and how they are impacting practitioners and their clients. Featuring partners from some of the nation's leading law firms, this book guides the reader through the current trends in health care law,… See more details below
Health Care Law Enforcement and Compliance provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on all the recent developments in the government's health care policies and how they are impacting practitioners and their clients. Featuring partners from some of the nation's leading law firms, this book guides the reader through the current trends in health care law, including the latest guidance on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), the False Claims Act, the Stark Law, and the Anti-Kickback Statute. These health care law experts review and discuss the many enforcement actions taken against alleged perpetrators of fraud, waste, and abuse, and discuss what clients and their lawyers need to do when faced with a claim or investigation. In this rapidly changing compliance environment, these industry leaders reflect on the challenges clients face, the future of health care enforcement, and the role that lawyers will continue to play in this evolving area of law. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this time of heightened enforcement.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Michael K. Loucks, Skadden Arps Meagher Slate & Flom - "Impacts of the Affordable Care Act and Anti-Kickback Legislation on Health Care Industry Clients"
2. Laura Laemmle-Weidenfeld, Patton Boggs LLP - "Navigating the Complexities of Health Care Law Enforcement and Compliance"
3. Michael E. Paulhus and John C. Richter, King & Spalding LLP - "New Government Strategies for Rooting Out Health Care Fraud"
4. Matthew T. Milone, Holland & Hart LLP - "Ownership of Medical Practices after the Affordable Care Act"
5. John T. Seybert, Sedgwick LLP - "Recent Trends in Health Care Enforcement and Compliance: Will Medical Loss Ratio Spur ERISA Litigation?"
6. Joshua M. Kaye, DLA Piper LLP - "The PPACA's Impact on Health Care Transactions and Related Compliance Issues"
7. Gregory A. Brodek, Duane Morris LLP - "Navigating the Labyrinth of Payor Audits"
Appendix A: Additional Resources
Appendix B: States Generally Viewed As Not Having Corporate Practice of Medicine Restrictions
Appendix C: Accountable Care Organization Structures
Appendix D: Co-Management Arrangements
Appendix E: National Health Care Billing Audit Guidelines
- Thomson Reuters Westlaw; Aspatore
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.50(w) x 8.40(h) x 0.50(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >