- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Whether you're an undergraduate or graduate nursing student or a nurse practitioner, Health Promotion in Nursing Practice, 4/e offers comprehensive coverage of the nurse's role in the promotion of healthful lifestyles and the prevention of disease. Included are analyses of various definitions of health, clear-cut models for understanding health promotion, and effective assessment tools and strategies. All nurses can assist individuals and families establish healthier lifestyles. This text is the tool that outlines how.
New to the Fourth Edition!
Other Titles of Interest
Murray, Health Promotion through the Life Span, 7/e 0-8385-3688-3
Fontaine/Cleary, Healing Practices 0-8385-0385-3
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
Part I. The Human Quest for Health
1. Toward a Definition of Health
2. Individual Models to Promote Health Behavior
3. Community Models to Promote Health
Part II. Planning for Health Promotion and Prevention
4. Assessing Health and Health Behaviors
5. Developing a Health Promotion—Prevention Plan
Part III. Interventions for Health Promotion and Prevention
6. Physical Activity and Health Promotion
7. Nutrition and Health Promotion
8. Stress Management and Health Promotion
9. Social Support and Health
Part IV. Evaluating the Effectiveness of Health Promotion
10. Evaluating Individual and Community Interventions
Part V. Health Promotion in Diverse Populations
11. Self-Care for Health Promotion Across the Life Span
12. Health Promotion in Vulnerable Populations
Part VI. Approaches for Promoting a Healthier Society
13. Health Promotion in Community Settings
14. Promoting Health Through Social and Environmental Change
Posted April 23, 2011
No text was provided for this review.