Health Promotion Throughout the Life Span / Edition 6by Carole Lium Edelman, Carol Lynn Mandle
This comprehensive text provides the most current and accurate health promotion and disease prevention information available. The book addresses health promotion for all ages and all population groups - individuals, families, and communities. It includes extensive coverage of growth and development throughout the life span, with an emphasis on normal development as… See more details below
This comprehensive text provides the most current and accurate health promotion and disease prevention information available. The book addresses health promotion for all ages and all population groups - individuals, families, and communities. It includes extensive coverage of growth and development throughout the life span, with an emphasis on normal development as well as the specific problems and health promotion issues common to each stage. A complete unit is devoted to health promotion interventions. It also offers a unique assessment framework based on Gordon's Functional Health Patterns to provide consistency in presentation and an approach in line with the promotion of health.
• Extensive coverage of growth and development throughout all stages of the life span.
• A unit on specific interventions for health promotion.
• Addresses health promotion for all population groups - individual, family, and the community.
• Incorporates Case Studies that depict actual clinical situations to give students a "real-life" perspective.
• Innovative Practice examples highlight unique and creative health promotion programs.
• Summarizes specific clinical interventions in Health Teaching boxes to provide students with "how-to" nursing actions.
• Think About It clinical scenarios provide critical thinking questions to help readers grasp important concepts.
• Multicultural Awareness boxes present cultural perspectives important to care planning.
• Introduces significant issues, trends, and controversies in health promotion through Hot Topics boxes to engage students in critical discussion and debate about these topics.
• Research Highlights emphasize current research efforts and research opportunities in health promotion.
• A new Study Questions section (with answers and rationales) helps you review and assess your understanding of chapter content.
• Care Plans are presented in a consistent format: Nursing Diagnosis, Defining Characteristics, Related Factors, Expected Outcomes, and Interventions.
• Healthy People 2010 boxes highlight current national health promotion priorities.
• A new full-color design helps to highlight important features and content.
• A new companion Evolve website offers case studies with questions and answers, WebLinks, content updates, and a Glossary with search capability to enhance your learning experience.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.58(w) x 10.92(h) x 1.02(d)
Table of Contents
Unit 1 Foundations for Health Promotion
1. Health Defined: Objectives for Promotion and Prevention
2. Changing Populations and Health
3. Health Policy and the Delivery System
4. The Therapeutic Relationship
5. Ethical Issues Relevant to Health Promotion
Unit 2 Assessment for Health Promotion
6. Health Promotion and the Individual
7. Health Promotion and the Family
8. Health Promotion and the Community
Unit 3 Interventions for Health Promotion
10. Health Education
11. Nutrition Counseling for Health Promotion
13. Stress Management
14. Holistic Health Strategies
Unit 4 Application of Health Promotion
15. Overview of Growth and Development Framework
16. The Prenatal Period
19. Preschool Child
20. School-Age Child
22. Young Adult
23. Middle-Age Adult
24. Older Adult
Unit 5 Challenges as We Enter the New Millennium
25. Health Promotion for the Twenty-First Century: Throughout the Lifespan and Throughout the World
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >