Health: The Basics / Edition 3by Rebecca J. Donatelle, Lorraine G. Davis, Davis, Lorraine G. Davis
Pub. Date: 07/28/1998
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
This book emphasizes the essential health information necessary to develop a comprehensive understanding of health promotion and disease prevention from a behavioral management perspective.This edition continues to provide cutting-edge information readers need to make healthy decisions. Today's health research, issues, and trends are reflected throughout the thoroughly revised and updated content. Enhancements include expanded psychosocial health and personal fitness chapters, a new chapter on complementary and alternative medicine, extended coverage of cardiovascular disease and cancer, and the addition of three new feature boxes: Women's Health/Men's Health, New Horizons in Health, and Assess Yourself.For anyone interested in health, wellness, and physical education.
- Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.44(w) x 10.77(h) x 0.98(d)
Table of Contents
2. Psychosocial Health: Being Mentally, Emotionally, Socially, and Spiritually Well.
3. Managing Stress: Coping with Life's Challenges.
4. Violence and Abuse: Creating Healthy Environments.
5. Healthy Relationships and Sexuality: Making Commitments.
6. Birth Control, Pregnancy, and Childbirth: Managing Your Fertility.
7. Licit and Illicit Drugs: Use, Misuse, and Abuse.
8. Alcohol, Tobacco, and Caffeine: Daily Challenges, Daily Pleasure.
9. Nutrition: Eating for Optimum Health.
10. Managing Your Weight.
11. Personal Fitness: Improving Health through Exercise.
12. Cardiovascular Disease: Reducing Your Risks.
13. Cancer: Reducing Your Risks.
14. Infectious and Noninfectious Conditions: Risks and Responsibilities.
15. Life's Transitions: The Aging Process.
16. Environmental Health: Thinking Globally, Acting Locally.
17. Consumerism: Selecting Health Care Products and Services.
18. Complementary and Alternative Medicine: New Choices and Responsibilities for Healthwise Consumers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews