Healthy Cooking at Home with The Culinary Institute of Americaby Culinary Institute of America
Flavor is the key to great-tasting food and modern healthful cooking never skimps on flavor. Healthy Cooking at Home explores the global pantry to include ingredients from aromatic lemongrass and zesty roasted tomatoes to savory wild mushrooms and smoky ancho chiles. Delicious, healthy home cooking is within your grasp when using this gorgeously illustrated/i>… See more details below
Flavor is the key to great-tasting food and modern healthful cooking never skimps on flavor. Healthy Cooking at Home explores the global pantry to include ingredients from aromatic lemongrass and zesty roasted tomatoes to savory wild mushrooms and smoky ancho chiles. Delicious, healthy home cooking is within your grasp when using this gorgeously illustrated cookbook from the experts at The Culinary Institute of America.
Healthy Cooking at Home is ideal for home cooks of all skill levels whose goal is to provide their families with nutritious, tasteful meals every day of the week. This book will forever change the way you eat and how you cook. It features:
- The ins-and-outs of healthy cooking: The latest information on selecting and preparing healthy foods without sacrificing flavor or nutrients essential to a healthy body.
- The step-by-step of healthy cooking: Recipes based on the latest USDA nutrition guidelines, as well as up-to-date recommendations for ingredient selection, food safety techniques, and presentation suggestions to help highlight flavors and textures and keep portion sizes under control.
- Healthy strategies for every part of the meal: Expert guidance for food shopping and meal planning, recommendations for accompaniments that add variety and more balanced nutrition, dishes that feature whole grains and fresh produce to add vitamins, minerals, and fiber, plus desserts made with fruits and chocolates to boost satiety, and substitutions to help the home cook take advantage of whatever is in season.
- Gorgeous, inspiring photography: Vibrant full-color photos guide you through each step of preparing an ingredient or making a dish and beautifully illustrate finished dishes to inspire you.
- Nearly endless options: 235 recipes for soups, salads, and appetizers; pasta, pizza, and sandwiches; grains and legumes; vegetables; poultry and meat; fish and shellfish; breakfast and beverages; and desserts and baked goods.
Whether you want something quick and simple like Black Bean Burgers, or an extravagant dinner of Grilled Quail Wrapped in Prosciutto with Figs and Wild Mushrooms, Healthy Cooking at Home has the right recipe for any occasion.
Packed with detailed cooking techniques, up-to-date information on healthy ingredients, expert-tested recipes, and even guidance on how to stock your pantry, Healthy Cooking at Home makes fantastic, nutritious daily meals accessible for home cooks of any skill level.
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Publication date:
- at Home with The Culinary Institute of America Series, #3
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.60(w) x 10.10(h) x 1.20(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >