Healthy Holidays: Total Health Entertaining All Year Roundby Marilu Henner, Lorin Henner
Holidays can be healthy!
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is tough enough, but when special occasions roll around most people throw up their hands and dive into the Super Bowl snacks, Fourth of July hot dogs, Halloween treats, and New Year’s champagne knowing they'll regret it later. In Healthy Holidays, actress and healthy living expert/b>/b>
Holidays can be healthy!
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is tough enough, but when special occasions roll around most people throw up their hands and dive into the Super Bowl snacks, Fourth of July hot dogs, Halloween treats, and New Year’s champagne knowing they'll regret it later. In Healthy Holidays, actress and healthy living expert Marilu Henner offers another choice. Here Marilu shows us how easy and fun it is to prepare healthy meals for family and friends for special occasions and holidays year-round.
As in her other bestselling health books, Marilu throws out the red meat, dairy, and refined sugar and fills the kitchen with the freshest fruits, vegetables, grains, soy, seafood, poultry, and "legal" sugars. But denying ourselves is not on the agenda:
- Start the year right with delicious New Year's Day recipes, such as Asian Grilled Salmon and Sautéed Asparagus with Shallots and pamper your guests with a spa party.
- Enjoy a romantic Valentine's Day with Honey-Baked Chicken, Warm Wild Mushroom Salad and Cupid's Chocolate Cake, made with healthy sugars to keep you in the mood.
- For a delicious Fourth of July picnic, pack some of these treats: Sugar Snap Pea and Cucumber Salad, Curried Tuna Salad, and Blueberry Cobbler with a Cornmeal Crust.
- Prepare a mouthwatering feast for Thanksgiving that gives a healthy start for the holiday season including Roast Turkey, Henner Holiday Dressing, Pecan Sweet Potatoes, and Pilgrim Pumpkin Pie.
Along with hundreds of healthy recipes Healthy Holidays offers dozens of creative twists on our favorite celebrations:
- For exercise on Saint Patrick's Day learn Irish step dancing!
- Act out a juicy scene with your partner for the Academy Awards.
- Throw a grab-bag Halloween party, and laugh as your husband ends up as Little Bo Peep.
- Explore the eight traditional themes of Hanukkah as an opportunity to incorporate healthy habits that could change your life.
- Learn the three habits that will keep your Christmas healthy and fill out the Henner Family Christmas Survey with your family!
Healthy Holidays is your complete holiday planning resource for great celebrations the healthy way.
- HarperCollins Publishers
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.37(w) x 9.12(h) x 1.34(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >