Hearing Disorders / Edition 3by Jerry L. Northern
Pub. Date: 11/08/1995
The long-awaited third edition of this successful book, is a collection of easy-to-read essays about the diagnosis, treatment and management of ear diseases and hearing disorders. Twenty-four free-standing chapters were written by a multidisciplinary group of authors, who are recognized experts in their respective areas.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- 3rd ed
Table of Contents
I. MECHANISMS OF HEARING.
1. Mechanisms of the Outer & Middle Ear. David M. Lipscomb, Ph.D.
2. Physiology of the Cochlea. Allen F. Ryan, Ph.D. and Peter Dallos, Ph.D.
II. THE CLINICAL EVALUATION.
3. The Otologic Evaluation. Bruce W. Jafek, M.D. and Dennis V. Barcz, M.D.
4. The Basic Audiologic Evaluation. Robert W. Keith, Ph.D.
5. Immittance Audiometry. Jerry L. Northern, Ph.D.
6. Auditory Evoked Potentials. John T. Jacobson, Ph.D.
7. Laboratory Diagnosis of Otologic Diseases. Joseph D. White, Jr., M.D., D.D.S.
8. Diagnostic Imaging. Jeffrey S. Rose, M.D.
III. MEDICAL ASPECTS OF HEARING LOSS.
9. Otitis Media. Robert Roark, M.S. and Stephen Berman, M.D.
10. Otosclerosis. Eugene L. Derlacki, M.D.
11. Ototoxicity. Stephen Fausti, Ph.D., James A. Henry, Ph.D. and Richard H. Frey.
12. Meniere's Disease. Jack L. Pulec, M.D.
13. Noise-Induced Hearing Loss. Julia Royster, Ph.D.
14. Medical Aspects of Congenital Hearing Loss. Janet Stewart, M.D.
15. Prebycusis. Fred Bess, Ph.D. and Anne L. Strouse, M.A.
16. The Acoustic Tumor. Michael Hart, M.D.
17. Central Auditory Disorders. Linda Hood, Ph.D. and Charles I. Berlin, Ph.D.
IV. VESTIBULAR EVALUATION, DISORDERS, AND TREATMENT.
18. Vestibular Anatomy andPhysiology. David L. Asher, Ph.D.
19. Electronystagmograph. Thomas W. Norris, Ph.D.
20. Diagnosis and Medical Treatment of Dizziness. David Kelsall, M.D.
21. Surgical Management of Vertigo. Barbara Esses, M.D.
V. AUDIOLOGIC MANAGEMENT.
22. Cochlea Implants. Bradley Thedinger, M.D.
23. Tinnitus. Robert Sweetow, Ph.D.
24. Auditory Communication Problems. Patricia McCarthy. Ph.D.
Appendix: Programmed Instruction in the Decibel, Charles I. Berlin, Ph.D.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >