Anthony Briggs first started programming on the Commodore 64 back in 1984 and has been a Python programmer since early 2000. He's currently working for Ramble Communications in Melbourne, Australia. Previously, he worked on a core booking system for a travel firm in Australia and Canada, eventually becoming lead developer overseeing the entire project.
Hello! Pythonby Anthony Briggs
Hello! Python fully covers the building blocks of Python programming and gives you a gentle introduction to more advanced topics such as object-oriented programming, functional programming, network programming, and program design. New (or nearly new) programmers will learn most of what they need to know to start using Python/i>/b>
Hello! Python fully covers the building blocks of Python programming and gives you a gentle introduction to more advanced topics such as object-oriented programming, functional programming, network programming, and program design. New (or nearly new) programmers will learn most of what they need to know to start using Python immediately.
About this Book
Programmers love Python because it's fast and efficient. Shouldn't learning Python be just the same? Hello! Python starts quickly and simply, with a line of Python code. You'll learn the basics the right wayby writing your own programs. Along the way, you'll get a gentle introduction to more advanced concepts and new programming styles.
No experience with Python needed. Exposure to another programming language is helpful but not required.
Purchase of the print book comes with an offer of a free PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBook from Manning. Also available is all code from the book.
What Makes Hello! Python special
- Learn Python fast Even if you've never written a line of code before, you'll be writing real Python apps in just an hour or two.
- Great examples There's something new in every chapter, including games, web programming with Django, databases, and more.
- User Friendly guides Using lots of illustrations and a down-to-earth writing style, this book invites you to explore Python along with half-a-dozen traveling companions from the User Friendly cartoon strip.
Table of Contents
- Why Python?
- Hunt the Wumpus
- Interacting with theWorld
- Getting Organized
- Business-Oriented Programming
- Classes and Object-oriented Programming
- Sufficiently Advanced Technology
- Gaming with Pyglet
- Twisted Networking
- Django Revisted!
- Where to from Here?
- Manning Publications Company
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.30(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.00(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews