- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
A humanistic approach is used to cover basic concepts in helping. Text conveys pertinent concepts from modern psychology in an easy-to-read and understandable style, and shows the relevance of these concepts to the helping profession. Courses in Educational Psychology, Introduction to Counseling, Human Relations.
1. The Nature of the Helping Professions.
2. What Makes a Good Helper?
3. Perception and the Self.
4. A Person-Centered View of Motive.
5. Personal Meaning and the Helping Relationship.
6. Approaches to Helping.
7. The Atmosphere for Helping.
8. Self-Fulfillment: The Primary Purpose of Helping.
9. The Range of Human Potential.
10. Empathy: Essential Skill of Helping.
11. The Significance of Communication.
12. Being and Becoming Helpers.