Helping Students Overcome Depression and Anxiety, Second Edition: A Practical Guide / Edition 2by Kenneth W. Merrell
Pub. Date: 02/01/2008
Publisher: Guilford Publications, Inc.
Now in a revised and expanded second edition, this bestselling guide provides expert information and clear-cut strategies for assessing and treating internalizing problems in school settings. More than 40 specific psychoeducational and psychosocial intervention techniques are detailed, with a focus on approaches that are evidence based, broadly applicable, and easy… See more details below
Now in a revised and expanded second edition, this bestselling guide provides expert information and clear-cut strategies for assessing and treating internalizing problems in school settings. More than 40 specific psychoeducational and psychosocial intervention techniques are detailed, with a focus on approaches that are evidence based, broadly applicable, and easy to implement. Including 26 ready-to-use worksheets, in a large-size format with permission to photocopy, the second edition has been updated throughout to ensure its currency and clinical utility. Coverage of psychiatric medications has been extensively revised with the latest developments and findings. A new chapter addresses prevention-oriented social and emotional learning curricula for the classroom.
This book is in The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series.
- Guilford Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series
- Edition description:
- Second Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x (d)
Table of Contents
1. Understanding Internalizing Problems: Depression and Anxiety in Children and Adolescents
2. How Internalizing Problems Develop and Are Maintained
3. Guidelines for Assessment and Intervention Planning
4. Social and Emotional Learning: An Important Tool for Promoting Mental Health
5. Comprehensive Intervention Programs for Depression
6. Changing Thoughts and Beliefs: Cognitive Therapy Interventions for Depression
7. Changing Thoughts and Beliefs: Rational-Emotive Therapy, Attribution Retraining, Learned Optimism, and Journal-Writing Strategies
8. Other Strategies for Depression
9. Behavioral Treatments for Anxiety: Systematic Desensitization and Other Techniques
10. Skills Training and Other Treatments for Anxiety
11. Finding More Help: Referral Guidelines for Mental Health Counseling, Medications, and Alternative Treatments
*Index of Intervention Programs and General Intervention Strategies, with Descriptions of Purpose and Developmental Level
*List of Specific Treatment Techniques for Depression and Anxiety, Grouped by Program Component
*Appendix: Reproducible Worksheets
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >