Hematology, Immunology and Infectious Disease: Neonatology Questions and Controversiesby Robin K Ohls, Mervin C. Yoder, Richard A. Polin
Pub. Date: 03/11/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This exciting new reference brings you information about the most controversial hematology, immunology, and infectious disease challenges you face in your practice. The book confidently tackles these subjects and gives seasoned advice on the latest diagnostic and treatment strategies using evidence-based medicine wherever possible. It gives you the latest… See more details below
This exciting new reference brings you information about the most controversial hematology, immunology, and infectious disease challenges you face in your practice. The book confidently tackles these subjects and gives seasoned advice on the latest diagnostic and treatment strategies using evidence-based medicine wherever possible. It gives you the latest information you need to keep pace with the fast-paced, dynamic environment of neonatology.
• Addresses controversial topics head on, so you can decide how to handle these difficult practice issues.
• Serves as the bridge between the latest cutting-edge research and its application to clinical practice.
• Assembles a world-class group of neonatologists, representing the true leaders of the specialty, to ensure the most authoritative content available.
Table of Contents1.
Stem Cell Facts for Neonatologist, Mervin Yoder
2. Current Issues in the Pathogenesis, Diagnosis and Treatment of Neonatal Thrombocytopenia, Martha Sola- Visner, Matthew Saxonhouse
3. The role of recombinant leukocyte colony-stimulating factors in the neonatal intensive care unit, Robert Christensen
4. Why, When and How should we provide red blood cell transfusions to neonates? Robin Ohls
5. Controversies in Neonatal Thrombotic Disorders, Marilyn Manco-Johnson
6. Practical approaches to the neutropenic neonate, Akhil Maheshwari
7. What evidence supports dietary intervention to prevent infant allergy and food allergy development? David Osborne, John Sinn
8. Toll Like Receptor Responses in Neonatal Dendritic Cells, Fabienne Willems, Stanlis Goriely, Ezra Aksoy
9. Maternally-mediated Neonatal Autoimmunity, Anne Stevens, Neelufar Mozaffarian
10. What insights into human cord blood lymphocyte function can be gleaned from studying newborn mice? Cheri Landers, Subbarao Bondada
11. Influence of Passive Antibodies on the Immune Response of Young Infants, WP Glezen
12. Neonatal T-Cell Immunity and it's Regulation by Innate Immunity an Dendritic Cells? David Lewis
13. Breast milk infection, Marianne Forsgren, Lars Naver, Bjorn Fischler
14. Control of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Philip Toltzis
15. Neonatal Fungal Infections, Charles Sims, Luis Ostrosky-Zeichner
16. Has intrapartum prophylaxis for GBBS sepsis changed the spectrum of organisms causing neonatal sepsis? Gary Overturf
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >