- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Key concepts have also been added to each chapter to better promote learning, and terms are now defined throughout the text, with the definitions collected into a glossary. User-friendly and well-illustrated with charts, reference values, algorithms and photomicrographs, Hematology Techniques and Concepts for Veterinary Technicians, Second Edition is a key reference for veterinary technicians and veterinary technology students.
The book contains predominantly black-and-white illustrations, with some color illustrations.
"Instruments are illustrated with instruction on their use. Step-by-step illustrations show the test for antibody or antigen in serum. Good color photographs show the various cell types in various stages. As before, the book is directed to the newcomer and is a solid, useful reference." (Vin Book Reviews, 27 July 2011)
"I recommend this book to any technician or veterinary student. It is better than the first edition." (Doody's, 3 June 2011)
2. Blood Composition.
3. Blood Volume and Effects of Blood Loss.
4. Blood Collection and Handling.
5. Blood Smears and Staining.
6. Routine Hematology Laboratory Tests.
7. Automated Laboratory Methods and Instruments.
8. Leukocyte Cell Types and Functions.
9. Introduction to the Immune System.
10. Erythrocyte Form, Function, and Indices.
11. Erythrocyte Abnormalities.
12. Anemias and Polycythemias.
13. Hemostasis and Coagulation.
14. Hematopoiesis and Bone Marrow Examination.
15. Collection and Handling of Cytology Samples.