- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: San Francisco, CA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
With over 22,000 entries covering terms from all areas of the biological sciences, Henderson's Dictionary of Biology continues to be the most comprehensive, up-to-date and relevant volume of its kind. This fourteenth edition has been updated in response to changes in the core life-sciences fields, and includes new terms from bioinformatics, genomics and proteomics.
Henderson's Dictionary of Biology continues to provide an essential reference for students, teachers and researchers in any of the biological sciences.
Eleanor Lawrence is a freelance science writer and editor, and co-author of Longman Dictionary of Environmental Science.
Preface to the Fourteenth Edition
Units and Conversions
Common Latin and Greek Noun Endings
1. An Outline of the Plant Kingdom (Domain Eukarya)
2. An Outline of the Kindgom Fungi (Domain Eukarya)
3. An Outline of the Animal Kingdom (Domain Eukarya)
4. An Outline of the Kingdoms Protoctista and Stramenopila (Domain Eukarya)
5. An Outline of the Domain Bacteria
6. An Outline of the Domain Archaea
7. Virus Families
8. Geological Timescale
9. Etymological Origins of Some Common Word Elements in Biology