High Risk Obstetrics: The Requisites in Obstetrics & Gynecologyby Edmund F. Funai, Mark Evans, Charles J. Lockwood
Pub. Date: 04/15/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This volume in the Requisites in Obstetrics and Gynecologic series offers expert guidance in the assessment and management of high-risk pregnancies. Inside you’ll find coverage of antepartum care, complications, medical complications of pregnancy, fetal disorders, fetal surveillance, intrapartum complications, and puerperal disorders. It delivers all of this
This volume in the Requisites in Obstetrics and Gynecologic series offers expert guidance in the assessment and management of high-risk pregnancies. Inside you’ll find coverage of antepartum care, complications, medical complications of pregnancy, fetal disorders, fetal surveillance, intrapartum complications, and puerperal disorders. It delivers all of this essential information in the proven “high-yield” Requisites formatequipping you to master the material quickly. Perfect for quick review and exam preparation, this is one resource you’ll consult over and over again!
• Covers maternal/family history of cardiac disease, hypertension, preeclampsia, diabetes (both pre-gestational and gestational types), infectious diseases, and many more important topics.
• Follows a logical, consistent chapter format to facilitate quick and easy reference.
• Offers abundant tables that present differential diagnoses, lab values / radiologic studies, treatment / therapy recommendations, and guidance on when to refer to a specialist.
• Presents thought-provoking clinical scenarios to help you determine the best course of action in situations where there are controversies concerning the standard of care.
• Features a wealth of illustrations that make details clearer.
• Includes highlighted boxes that emphasize relevant case studies • key points of each section • current controversies • and other important information.
Table of Contents
Overview of Genetics Arie Drugan Mark I. Evans 1
Genetic Screening and Clinical Testing Mark I. Evans Jon Hyett Kypros Nickolaides 33
General Principles of Obstetric Sonography Anna K. Sfakianaki Joshua Copel 61
Anomalies of the Ventral Wall Ana Monteagudo Ilan E. Timor-Tritsch 85
Anomalies of the Fetal Face Ana Monteagudo Ilan E. Timor-Tritsch 91
Anomalies of the Fetal Central Nervous System Ana Monteagudo Ilan E. Timor-Tritsch 95
Common Fetal Anomalies: The Fetal Heart Svena Julien Joshua Copel 115
Abnormal Fetal Growth: Intrauterine Growth Restriction Michael Y. Divon Yoni Barnhard 127
Management of Oligohydramnios and Polyhydramnios Robert Gagnon Michael G. Ross 137
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Anna K. Sfakianaki Charles J. Lockwood 147
Preterm Premature Rupture of the Fetal Membranes Thomas F. McElrath 157
Preterm Labor and Birth Mert Ozan Bahtiyar Charles J. Lockwood 171
Cervical Cerclage: Indications,Contraindications, and Techniques Nastaran Foyouzi Errol R. Norwitz 189
Postterm Pregnancy Nastaran Foyouzi Errol R. Norwitz 205
Management of Multiple Pregnancies Despina Mavridou Errol R. Norwitz Julian N. Robinson Hee Joong Lee 213
Preeclampsia Edmund F. Funai 231
Chronic Hypertension in Pregnancy Maria J. Small John Paul Hayslett 241
Renal Disease in Pregnancy John Paul Hayslett 257
Diabetes and Pregnancy Stephen F. Thung 267
Infectious Diseases in Pregnancy Karlijn Woensdregt Hee Joong Lee Errol R. Norwitz 287
Human Immunodeficiency Virus Urania Magriples 317
Cardiac Disease D. Yvette LaCoursiere Michael Varner 333
Pulmonary Complications in Pregnancy Stephanie R. Martin Michael R. Foley 365
Inherited and Acquired Thrombophilias in Pregnancy Michael J. Paidas De-Hui W. Ku Yale S. Arkel 383
Hematologic Disorders in Pregnancy Michael J. Paidas De-Hui W. Ku Yale S. Arkel 405
Common Autoimmune Disorders in Pregnancy Benjamin D. Hamar Joshua Copel Jill P. Buyon 421
Neurologic Disorders in Pregnancy Nikki Koklanaris Men-Jean Lee 445
Dermatosis of Pregnancy Miriam Keltz Pomeranz Olympia Kovich 463
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >