Highway Engineering / Edition 7by Paul H. Wright, Karen Dixon, Karen K. Dixon
Pub. Date: 10/30/2003
Publisher: Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated
Offering focused yet comprehensive coverage of the field of highway engineering, this Seventh Edition of Paul Wright and Karen Dixon’s classic text guides you though the latest standards and advances. You’ll explore the art of geometric design, roadside design, and approaches to the/b>/b>
New standards, current methods, and modern technology
Offering focused yet comprehensive coverage of the field of highway engineering, this Seventh Edition of Paul Wright and Karen Dixon’s classic text guides you though the latest standards and advances. You’ll explore the art of geometric design, roadside design, and approaches to the design of intersections and interchanges; learn modern methods for traffic control; and examine the most widely used technologies for highway materials and construction. In addition, the text features valuable background material on legislative, administrative, economic evaluation, traffic characteristics, as well as driver, pedestrian, and vehicle characteristics.
- Reflects changes in AASHTO’s publications, A Guide for Geometric Design of Highways and Streets and the Guide for Development of Bicycle Facilities.
- Presents modern coverage of highway capacity to reflect changes in the Highway Capacity Manual.
- Describes accepted procedures for traffic engineering and control, and includes the latest standards from the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, Millennium Edition.
- Offers a new section on the superpave mix design method as well as new material on the AASHTO method for the design of rigid pavements.
- Provides significant coverage of pavements and the prevailing technology for highway maintenance and rehabilitation.
- Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.10(w) x 10.10(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of ContentsHighway Administration.
Driver, Pedestrian, and Vehicle Characteristics.
Geometric Design of Highways.
Intersections, Interchanges, Terminals.
Highway Mass Transit Facilities.
Drainage and Drainage Structures.
Surveys, Plan, and Estimates.
Contracts and Supervision.
Flexible Pavement Design.
Earthwork Operations and Equipment.
Bases, Subbases, and Low-Cost Surfaces.
High-Type Bituminous Pavements.
Highway Maintenance and Rehabilitation.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >