Hispanic Foodways, Nutrition and Health / Edition 1by Diva Sanjur
Pub. Date: 12/28/1994
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
*HA07, Hispanic Foodways, Nutrition, and Health, Diva Sanjur(Cornell University), 39093-0, 352 pp., 6 x 9, 0-133-90931-x, casebound, 1995, $44.95nk, September*/This book reviews socio-demographic data concerning Hispanics in the United States and examines the many similarities and parallels that exist among the various Hispanic groups relative to their diet, health, and nutritional situation. This is a timely, valuable reference for practitioners engaged in clinical nutrition, counseling, diet surveys, nutrition education, cultural foodways or international nutrition.
- Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.35(w) x 9.35(h) x 1.12(d)
Table of Contents
1. Hispanic Migrants in a Nation of Immigrants.
2. Hispanic Food Habits: Women, Nutrition, and Health Concerns.
3. Mexican-American Diets and Nutrient Intake.
4. Puerto Rican Diets and Nutrient Intake.
5. Other Hispanic Diets and Nutrient Intake.
6. Diet Related Diseases and Other Health Issues.
7. Overweight and Obesity in American Hispanics.
8. Applying the U.S. Dietary Guidelines to Hispanic Diets.
9. Reaching Hispanics Through Diet Counseling and Nutrition Education.
10. Assessing Food Intake Among Hispanics.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >