- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.44(w) x 9.14(h) x 0.83(d)
Table of Contents
1. Educational Biography and the Historical and Philosophical Foundations of Education.
2. Confucius: Proponent of Educating for a Harmonious Society.
3. Plato: Idealist Philosopher and Educator for the Perfect Society.
4. Aristotle: Founder of Realism.
5. Quintilian: Rhetorical Educator in Service of the Emperor.
6. Thomas Aquinas: Scholastic Theologian and Creator of the Medieval Christian Synthesis.
7. Desiderius Erasmus: Renaissance Humanist and Cosmopolitan Educator.
8. John Calvin: Theologian and Educator of the Protestant Reformation.
9. Johann Amos Comenius: Pansophist Educator and Proponent of International Education.
10. Jean-Jacques Rousseau: Prophet of Naturalism.
11. Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi: Proponent of Educating the Heart and the Senses.
12. Thomas Jefferson: Advocate of Republican Education.
13. Mary Wollstonecraft: Proponent of Women's Rights and Education.
14. Horace Mann: Leader of the Common School Movement.
15. Robert Owen: Utopian Theorist and Communitarian Educator.
16. Friedrich Froebel: Founder of the Kindergarten.
17. John Stuart Mill: Proponent of Liberalism.
18. Herbert Spencer: Advocate of Individualism, Science, and Social Darwinism.
19. Jane Addams: Advocate of Socialized Education.
20. John Dewey: Pragmatist Philosopher and Progressive Educator.
21. Maria Montessori: Proponent of Early Childhood Education.
22. Mohandas Gandhi: Father of Indian Independence.
23. W. E. B. Du Bois: Scholar and Activist for African American Rights.
24. Paulo Freire: Advocate of Liberation Pedagogy.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >