- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: acton, MA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Introduction: The Resistance to Historicizing Theory
Peter C. Herman
1. The Holocaust, French Poststructuralism, the American Literary Academy, and Jewish Identity Poetics
2. Michel Foucault and the Specter of War
3. Historicizing Paul de Man's Master Trope Prosopopeia: Belgium's Trauma of 1940, the Nazi Volkskörper, and Versions of the Allegorical Body Politic
James J. Paxson
4. "Nostalgeria" and "Structure, Sign, Play in the Discourse of the Human Sciences"
5. Jean Baudrillard and May '68: An Acoustic Archaeology
6. Stephen Greenblatt's "X"-Files: The Rhetoric of Containment and Invasive Disease in "Invisible Bullets" and "The Sources of Soviet Conduct"
Jonathan Gil Harris
7. New Historicizing the New Historicism; or, Did Stephen Greenblatt Watch the Evening News in Early 1968?
8. The End of Culture
9. Literature, Incorporated: Harold Bloom, Theory, and the Canon
10. The Sixties, the New Left, and the Emergence of Cultural Studies in the United States
David R. Shumway
11. The Postcolonial Godfather
H. Aram Veeser
12. The Spectrality of the Sixties
13. Afterword: Historicism and Its Limits