- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
An Instructor manual CD-ROM for this title is available. Please contact our Higher Education team at HigherEducation@wiley.com for more information.
Presents fossil record, disc. of early life; geog- raphy & diversity patterns; extinction; emergence of mammals
“Though biogeographical patterns take a backseat to the grand narrative of descent, as an entry?]level textbook this is hard to surpass.” (Frontiers of biogeography, 5 February 2013)
1. The Origin of Life on Earth.
2. Earth’s Earliest Life.
3. Sex and Nuclei: Eukaryotes.
4. The Evolution of Metazoans.
5. The Cambrian Explosion.
6. Changing Life in a Changing World.
7. The Early Vertebrates.
8. Leaving the Water.
9. Tetrapods and Amniotes.
10. Early Amniotes and Thermoregulation.
11. The Triassic Takeover.
13. The Evolution of Flight.
14. The Modernization of Land and Sea.
15. The Origin of Mammals.
16. The End of Dinosaurs.
17. Cenozoic Mammals: Origins, Guilds and Trends.
18. Geography and Evolution.
20. Evolving Toward Humans.
21. Life in the Ice Ages.