Hola, amigos! / Edition 8by Ana Jarvis
Pub. Date: 01/01/2013
Publisher: Cengage Learning
This highly manageable introductory Spanish program, accessible to instructors, TAs, and students, is designed to develop students' cultural competence and their ability to communicate effectively in Spanish in a variety of situations. All components of the program are fully integrated, yet flexible enough to accommodate a range of scheduling factors, contact hours, and ability levels.
- Unit openers present the thematic topic of the unit and list the communicative objectives for each unit.
- The lesson-opening dialogues serve as a lively, realistic context in which to learn the lessons' new vocabulary and structures (recorded on the Student Audio CD/Cassette).
- The Vocabulario section lists new words and expressions along with English translations introduced in the lesson-opening dialogue.
- Amplíe su vocabulario sections from the end of each unit have been integrated into the unit lessons to more actively promote vocabulary building.
- Notas culturales have been updated and resequenced to correlate with the new video and a true/false exercise has been added in each lesson to check students' comprehension.
- Appearing in Lessons 1-7, the Pronunciación section presents and practices the sounds of the Spanish language (recorded on the Student Audio CD/Cassette).
- Puntos para recordar presents grammatical structures clearly and concisely in English. All explanations include examples of practical use in natural Spanish.
- The ¡Vamos a practicar! section following each point provides immediate reinforcement through a variety of structured exercises and communicative activities, including illustration-basedexercises. Special Rodeo boxes summarize and review major grammatical topics.
- Activities following grammar presentations and Y ahora, ¿qué? sections offer opportunities for personalized and pair/group communication practice.
- The Y ahora, ¿qué? section encourages students to use structures and vocabulary creatively when speaking and writing in Spanish. The Un dicho offers an authentic popular saying in Spanish.
- Reading skill development is enhanced with a reading, accompanied by reading strategy instruction, at the end of each text unit. Four literary readings, including two new selections, appear in Units IV-VII. New realia-based readings and writing strategy instruction have been added in the workbook.
- Tome este examen self-tests provide a cumulative review of important unit materials. An answer key is provided in Appendix E for immediate verification.
- The 60-minute ¡Hola, amigos! Video provides an opportunity for students to develop listening skills and cultural awareness. Activities for pre- and post-viewing and expansion appear in the Workbook/Laboratory Manual/Video Manual.
- WebCT ePack offers online solutions for the classroom and distributed learning courses.
- Cengage Learning
- Publication date:
- National Geographic Enhanced iLRN Solutions Series
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.60(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
Brief Contents. Preliminary Lesson. Conversaciones breves. Unit 1: LOS ESTUDIANTES UNIVERSITARIOS. 1. En la universidad. 2. Estudiantes y profesores. Unit 2: EN FAMILIA. 3. Los trabajos de la casa. 4. Una fiesta de cumpleanos. Unit 3: ¿QUÉ COMEMOS HOY? 5. ¿Que vas a pedir? 6. En el mercado. Unit 4: PARA DIVERTIRSE. 7. Un fin de semana. 8. Las actividades al aire libre. Unit 5: ¿QUÉ HACEMOS HOY? 9. De compras. 10. Haciendo diligencias. Unit 6: DE VACACIONES. 11. Buen viaje. 12. ¿Donde nos hospedamos? Unit 7 ¿CÓMO TE SIENTES? 13. En la sala de emergencia. 14. Cuatro mensajes. Un poco más. Appendices. Vocabularies. Index. Photo and Art Credits.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >