Holidays or Holy Days: Does It Matter Which Days We Observe?by United Church of God
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Many people are shocked to discover the origins of our most popular religious holidays. They are also surprised to find that the days God commands us to observe in the Bible—the same days Jesus Christ and the apostles kept—are almost universally ignored. Why? Also, why are today's supposedly Christian holidays observed with so many rituals and customs that are not sanctioned anywhere in the Bible?
Inside this booklet:
- Crucial Questions
- Christmas: The Untold Story
- How Christmas Grew
- Christmas vs. the Bible
- Biblical Evidence Shows Jesus Wasn't Born on December 25
- Easter: Masking a Biblical Truth
- The Resurrection Connection
- Fertility Symbols: Beneath the Dignity of God
- The Chronology of Christ's Crucifixion and Resurrection
- Halloween: A Celebration of Evil
- What About Thanksgiving, Hanukkah and Purim?
- God's Days of Worship
- God's Festivals in the New Testament
- Does It Matter to God?
- An Ancient Cultural Clash
- The Delights of Obedience
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- LULU PRESS
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 585 KB
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
I learned a lot about how and why the holidays were introduced into the Christian society. If we are truly God's children, we should by no means be taking part in these holidays that come from pagan origins. We should avoid them at all costs, and not fall into societies material ways
There is so much that isn't widely known about the origins of our religious holidays.
Very good ! The history of holidays is fascinating , and important to know about.
This is a book for those who do not go to church, and helps them to understand why we have these.