The Planets, suite for orchestra & female chorus, Op. 32, H. 125
- No. 1, "Mars, the Bringer of War" (06:59)
- No. 2, "Venus, the Bringer of Peace" (09:25)
- No. 3, "Mercury, the Winged Messenger" (04:13)
- No. 4, "Jupiter, the Bringer of Peace" (08:28)
- No. 5, "Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age" (09:56)
- No. 6, "Uranus, the Magician" (05:53)
- No. 7, "Neptune, the Mystic" (w/hidden 8-part female chorus) (08:32)
Holst: The Planets
- Release Date:
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
Holst: The Planets based on 0 ratings. 1 reviews.
There are intonation problems in nearly every movement, especially "Mars" and "Jupiter." Balance problems exist as well, with the trumpets completely overpowering the other instruments in these movements. In other movements some of the less-prevalent parts are louder than I have heard in other recordings. Rhythmic accuracy is not as clean as it could be. Tone quality is poor in several parts, usually in the brass section. The quality of the recording itself is decent but could be better. The acoustics of the hall that it was recorded in creates a distinguishable echo at times.