Home Health Nursing: Assessment and Care Planning / Edition 4by Karen E. Monks, Marie S. Jaffe, Marilyn W. Edmunds
This unique, spiral-bound handbook is compact, portable, and written with busy home health nurses in mind! Organized by body system, it offers instant advice on assessment and care planning for the disorders home health nurses are likely to encounter. Providing assessment guides for all body systems, the home environment, and the client's psychological status, it… See more details below
This unique, spiral-bound handbook is compact, portable, and written with busy home health nurses in mind! Organized by body system, it offers instant advice on assessment and care planning for the disorders home health nurses are likely to encounter. Providing assessment guides for all body systems, the home environment, and the client's psychological status, it includes full care plans for over 50 illnesses and conditions most commonly encountered in the home. Each plan lists nursing diagnoses, short- and long-term expected outcomes, nursing interventions, and client caregiver interventions.
• Care plans are organized by body systems to allow for quick retrieval of information.
• Both short-term and long-term outcomes are included in the care plans to aid evaluation of the care provided.
• Detailed assessment guidelines are provided for all body systems to facilitate complete and comprehensive client examinations.
• Guidelines for environmental and safety assessments aid in the appraisal and improvement of clients' living conditions.
• Client and caregiver interventions are outlined in the care plans to promote active client participation in self-care.
• The convenient pocket size makes transportation and use convenient to home health nurses.
• Appendices on documentation guidelines, laboratory values, medication administration, home care resources, and standard precautions provide quick access to useful home care information.
• Related OASIS items are identified in the assessment section, and ICD-9 diagnostic codes in the care plans section assist with proper home care documentation.
• Visit frequency and duration schedules are suggested within each care plan to assist nurses in evaluating and planning care.
• NANDA nursing diagnoses are consistent with the latest 2001-2002 nomenclature.
• An increase in suggested therapy referrals within the care plans and in a new appendix helps nurses identify indicators for specialized services.
• A fully updated Resources Appendix includes websites for easy access to home health service information.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- 4th Edition, Spiral
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 4.98(w) x 7.18(h) x 0.99(d)
Table of Contents
Health History and Review of Systems
Pulmonary System Assessment
Cardiovascular System Assessment
Neurologic System Assessment
Gastrointestinal System Assessment
Endocrine System Assessment
Hematologic System Assessment
Musculoskeletal System Assessment
Renal/Urinary System Assessment
Integumentary System Assessment
Reproductive System Assessment: Female
Reproductive System Assessment: Male
Eye, Ear, Nose, And Throat Assessment
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Angina Pectoris/Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
Congestive Heart Failure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Myocardial Infarction (MI)
Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD)
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
Cerebrovascular Accident (CVA)
Spinal Cord Injury
Cirrhosis of Liver
Ulcerative Colitis/Crohn’s Disease
Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
Fractured Hip; Hip or Knee Prosthesis Replacement
Fractures; Cast Application
Laminectomy/Spinal Fusion, Lumbar or Cervical
Renal Failure, Chronic (CRF)
Urinary Tract Infection
Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat
Cataract Removal and Lens Implantation
Psychiatric Care Plans
Special Care Plans
Chemotherapy and External Radiation Therapy
Postoperative Care Following Inpatient or Outpatient Surgery
Documentation/Insurance Payment Guidelines
Indications for Referrals to Therapy/Social Services
Medication Administration and Teaching Guidelines
NANDA-Approved Nursing Diagnoses
Resources for Home Care and Selected National Agencies
Self-Determination Guidelines (Advance Directives)
Standard (Universal) Precautions and Guidelines for Control of Body Substances
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >