Homemade: How-to Make Hundreds of Everyday Products Fast, Fresh, and More Naturallyby Editors of Reader's Digest
For the first time in one book, here are low-cost, all-natural replacement recipes for 713 name-brand products that you buy week in and week out at the supermarket, pharmacy, or discount store. Save a fortune making your own everyday cooking, cleaning, and toiletry products! At the same time, you’ll fill your cabinets with fresh, super high-quality products… See more details below
For the first time in one book, here are low-cost, all-natural replacement recipes for 713 name-brand products that you buy week in and week out at the supermarket, pharmacy, or discount store. Save a fortune making your own everyday cooking, cleaning, and toiletry products! At the same time, you’ll fill your cabinets with fresh, super high-quality products at work or taste great—without all the chemicals and preservatives of store-bought versions. Plus, ‘think green”—you will greatly reduce the amount of useless, environment-damaging waste and garbage—spray bottles, jars, and cans. For cleaning, laundering, and polishing, the compounds are much gentler and less damaging to drains, sewage, and septic systems.
The ingredients in most brand-name products account for only pennies of the purchaser’s dollar and rest of what you spend covers advertising, packaging, shipping, and the retailer’s overhead.
Try these easy to make recipes:
- Food Staples: mayonnaise, peanut butter, breakfast cereals, soft drinks, soups, pickles, and jellies—save 50% on homemade salsa
- Beauty and Health Supplies: moisturizers, facials, lip balm, aftershave, decongestant, foot powder, and PMS tea—save 90% on aftershave
- Household Compounds: glues, wood stains, ant traps, and houseplant food
- Cleaning Supplies and Polishes: carpet fresheners, cleaners, mildew remover, dishwasher detergent, and fabric softener—save 95% on homemade bathroom cleaner
- Pet Supplies: liver snaps, dog shampoo, flea dip, cat litter, pet bird honey treats, and hamster fruit cup—save 73% on cat treats
- Garden Products: fertilizer, soil conditioners, weed killer, deer repellents, and snail traps
- And much more
Making low-cost, more natural versions of your favorite name brand grocery items is simple when you know the secrets. Homemade is your guide to saving a small fortune by making everyday household items yourself.
- Reader's Digest Association, Incorporated, The
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.83(w) x 9.94(h) x 0.89(d)
- Age Range:
- 18 Years
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >