Jennifer Kaufeld has been homeschooling her two children for nearly a decade. She contributes to Homeschooling Today Magazine and is a regular speaker at state and regional homeschooling and education conferences.
Homeschooling For Dummiesby Jennifer Kaufeld
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
If you believe that a good education is the greatest gift you can give your child, you’re probably pretty unhappy with what’s being taught in most classrooms these days. If you think that education should do more than just train kids to take standardized tests, that it should build their critical thinking skills, enable them to weigh ethical considerations, instill a passion for learning, and reflect your core values and beliefs, then you’re probably fed up with the current state of our schools. If, like many parents, you’re wondering whether homeschooling can be the solution you’re looking for, then you’ll be happy to know that the answer is yes–and Home Schooling For Dummies shows you how.
This friendly, well-informed guide is a valuable resource for parents considering homeschooling, as well as veteran homeschooler interested in fresh homeschooling ideas. It gets you on track with what you need to know to confidently:
- De termine whether homeschooling is right for you and your family
- Get started in homeschooling
- Obtain teaching materials
- Develop a curriculum that reflects your values and beliefs
- Comply with all legal requirements
- Find healthy social outlets for your kids
- Join a homeschooling cooperative
From textbooks to computers to state compliance, expert Jennifer Kaufeld, covers all the bases. She anticipates most of your questions about homeschooling and answers them with clear, easy-to-follow answers enlivened by real-life accounts by parents around the nation who have opted to homeschool their children. Topics covered include:
- Deciding at what age to begin
- Determining your kid’s learning style and teaching to it
- Teaching special needs children
- Developing a curriculum that’s right for your children
- Finding social outlets for you homeschoolers
- Complying with state and federal regulations
- Teaching at the primary, middle school and high school levels
- Preparing for the SATs, ACT and other key standardized tests
- Networking with other homeschoolers
You shouldn’t have to compromise on your children’s education. Get Homeschooling For Dummies and find out how to turn your home into a school and raise smart, well-adjusted kids.
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Perfect resource book for anyone wanting information on Homeschooling, whether you decide to Homeschool or just looking for information on the subject.
I recommend this book and Homeschool Your Child For Free (Bought instore at Barnes&Noble) please get both and you will be set. Enjoy:-)